Honored Contributor

This new 2 part profile of Elvis premieres Saturday on HBO at 8:00 with part 2 immediately after. I'm an Elvis fan, so I will DVR it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Elvis Presley:The Searcher

@Jordan2Thank you.  I have the DVR set too.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. I set the DVR. Huge Elvis fan and it reminds me of taking drives with my grandfather and  putting in the 8 track tapes. 

Honored Contributor

Wow.  I don't know much about him (just that he went in the army and inspired Bye Bye Birdie LOL but I love and respect his music and I see how women went crazy over his sex appeal, so I'm excited to learn about him.

Honored Contributor

I was just listening to a program about this on Sirius/XM Elvis Channel.

It sounds really good, but I don't have HBO.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I just finished watching the second part of the documentary and really liked it. I think Col. Tom Parker gets more credit than he deserves managing Elvis’ career. Elvis could have been a star with any management, he was a major talent. Parker didn’t have Elvis’ best interests at heart. I was surprised to hear Parker wasn’t in the country legally, he made up his whole persona and was a Dutch citizen. He didn’t allow Elvis to do a world tour for fear if he left the country Parker may not have gotten back into the United States.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the HBO show (s) and think they were really well done!!  That Col. was a snake!! Though he helped Elvis along his career, I think Col. had his own interests at heart!!!  Elvis seemed so sad, lonely and lost at the end of his life!  Loved his rendition of the song "Hurt"; he sounded like his heart was broken!!

I did get to attend one of Elvis' shows.  He was great but it was one of his last years and he was fat, looked sick and was sweating up a storm!! 

Loved his voice when he was in his prime!!  Owned many of his records.  Thought he had the best eyes...really bedroom eyes!!

Valued Contributor

i didnt learn a single thing......priscilla and jerry schilling drag him  ever so often....guess they need money...again