Honored Contributor

Saw it last night on HBO MAX. very good, but overly long.  But OMG, Tom Hanks as Col. Parker what an amzing transformation. I didnt even realize for sure it was Hanks until the credts rolled! Proves he is still one of the great ones  and can take on any role and be perfect. 

Respected Contributor

I started watching it a week or so ago but couldn't get into it - just not that interested in Col Parker.  It's on HBO tonight tho - thought I'd either watch again or record it - I'll try again.  

I agree about Hanks - he's great.  Looking forward to seeing him in A Man Called Otto (based on A Man Called Ove.)  It's out in December I bellieve.

Frequent Contributor

I saw it twice in the theaters and have already watched it again on HBO.  It's a reminder of what this country was going thru at that time.  The fact that Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy were killled in the same year, I had forgotten that.  The movie humanized Elvis, I loved it.  Look back at the times we went thru then and don't forget.  My opinion only.  

Respected Contributor

I watched it last night, really sad what the colonel did to Elvis and sad they didnt stand up to him for so long.   I just kept thinking the actor looked a lot smaller than Elvis was, other than that he did a great job.

Honored Contributor

Re: Elvis Movie

[ Edited ]

How are some people able to view this on the regular HBO?   I tried searching it and nothing comes up.  I have to go to HBO Max.  No problem with that but, as a rule, my first preference for shows/movies is to be able to just record them and watch from there, vs streaming.

Contributor

Don't know if this makes a difference, but we watched it on HBO this past Saturday on Direct TV.

Esteemed Contributor

Very good movie.  The guy who played Elvis did a fantastic job.

Tom Hanks was good too.  But to be honest, it seems like he is in so many movies that I am getting a bit tired of seeing him.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

It was on HBO MAX, we get it free here now with XFinity for a few days even for those that dont have HBO. 

Esteemed Contributor

We have it free for a few days too.  Tried to watch it on demand but it is not working, so will catch it at the 8pm CT showing tonight. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

It runs 2.5 hours, very long