Respected Contributor

Re: Elvis: Behind Closed Doors Premiers tonight 8/13

I enjoy watching REELZ programming.  Thanks for the reminder.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Think what he could do in today's different society ! Back then had to be shot from waist up, etc.

Be a lot of shakin' going on these days. LOL

Honored Contributor

I didn't know this until years after his death that Elvis was born with blond hair. He hired a hairdresser who went everywhere with him to make sure his roots weren't showing.

Honored Contributor

shame, he never had a son. He would be a doll. Lisa Marie looks exactly like him, but, she didn't do to well.

Has she wrote a book ? She could write a goody between all her husbands and life with Pris.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee

@SilleeMee wrote:

"About Elvis: Behind Closed Doors

World famous entertainer Elvis Presley experienced a life of public triumphs and personal heartaches. His amazing life is chronicled in Elvis Presley: Behind Closed Doors, with intimate stories told by some of the friends and family who knew him best. Viewers are taken along on Presley’s journey from his dirt poor childhood, where the church was his sanctuary, to his first steps as a rock and roller breaking all the rules and earning both the media label “Elvis The Pelvis,” and legions of fans worldwide. His image as a bad boy will change as he enters the Army, returning a hero who goes on to become one of Hollywood’s most bankable movie stars—all orchestrated by the man who directed his career, Colonel Tom Parker. Yet Elvis can’t forsake his live concerts forever, and starts a new chapter in his life with some of the most groundbreaking performances of the 1970s. But his battle with personal demons will create a backlash from a media who ridicules him as “fat and forty,” to those in his inner circle who divulge secrets that wound the star to the core. It all signals deadly consequences for the mega-star, and his untimely death at age 42  sends millions of fans into mourning." - Reelz Channel

This is a 2-hour show hosted by Natalie Morales on Reelz channel tonight for anyone interested.

I was Elvis,s age when he first appeared on the ED SULLIVAN SHOW, the great age of TV, and my comment was he will never make it, too raunchy. BOY WAS I WRONG.   I grew to love him and still have some of his vinyl, but a lot of DVD,S.  He was mild compare to today, but back then even sit com husbands and wives, didn,t sleep in the same bed.  The age of innocent and clean TV.

Honored Contributor

That would have been something to see @qvcadditionWoman Happy. I was barely a year old at that time. Things on TV are so different now....sadly so in many instances.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee

@SilleeMee wrote:

That would have been something to see @qvcadditionWoman Happy. I was barely a year old at that time. Things on TV are so different now....sadly so in many instances.

I,M 81 now, so I think that was 55 or 56, time flies fast.  I grew up in San Francisco, so country western was not as popular and then the gyrations on top of it.  I graduated in 1954 and married in 1956, and that is when he was on the first time on prime.

Our singers were Frank Sinatra, Tony Burnett, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Tony Martin, Rosemary Clooney,  Jack Jones. Al Martini, Perry Como, Frankie Lane, Peggy Lee, etc.  The days of real singers without the loud noise to drown out they can,t sing.  Just their pure voice.

Honored Contributor

Both my parents were born in '32, not with me now. They both were music lovers. I grew up with music playing on a record player back when I was a girl. Later in life my father took on a job managing a radio station. He used to send me cassette tapes of the "popular " music of the time when I was in college. It was good music back then and even before I was old enough to know better as you have so luckily experienced @qvcaddition.

Honored Contributor

All the made for TV movies/ documentaries  digging up  new dirt on famous dead people...they must be turning in their graves...why not just let them RIP?

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Oh how i loved that man,talent he had could sing so many types of music,and the sexiest man i ever saw.

@goldensrbest...."Thank you.  Thank you very much". 

(Couldn't resist.  Elvis was famous for saying that).  BTW, I totally agree.

Image result for animated elvis presley

This is my favorite Elvis. Right here. The 1968 comeback.