Honored Contributor

Elvis: Behind Closed Doors Premiers tonight 8/13

[ Edited ]

"About Elvis: Behind Closed Doors

World famous entertainer Elvis Presley experienced a life of public triumphs and personal heartaches. His amazing life is chronicled in Elvis Presley: Behind Closed Doors, with intimate stories told by some of the friends and family who knew him best. Viewers are taken along on Presley’s journey from his dirt poor childhood, where the church was his sanctuary, to his first steps as a rock and roller breaking all the rules and earning both the media label “Elvis The Pelvis,” and legions of fans worldwide. His image as a bad boy will change as he enters the Army, returning a hero who goes on to become one of Hollywood’s most bankable movie stars—all orchestrated by the man who directed his career, Colonel Tom Parker. Yet Elvis can’t forsake his live concerts forever, and starts a new chapter in his life with some of the most groundbreaking performances of the 1970s. But his battle with personal demons will create a backlash from a media who ridicules him as “fat and forty,” to those in his inner circle who divulge secrets that wound the star to the core. It all signals deadly consequences for the mega-star, and his untimely death at age 42  sends millions of fans into mourning." - Reelz Channel

This is a 2-hour show hosted by Natalie Morales on Reelz channel tonight for anyone interested.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Elvis: Behind Closed Doors Premiers tonight 8/13

what channel is that on direct tv

Honored Contributor

@kassy wrote:

what channel is that on direct tv

DirecTV channel 238  @kassy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee Thanks. I didn't even know I got this Channel but on Time Warner we do. It is Channel 128. I set my DVR for the  Elvis special and also the Beatles special before that.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you.   Never thought anything of Elvis until I went to Graceland.   Place was amazing and so was (is) his life story.

Will be watching.

Honored Contributor

Oh how i loved that man,talent he had could sing so many types of music,and the sexiest man i ever saw.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Oh how i loved that man,talent he had could sing so many types of music,and the sexiest man i ever saw.

Oh ME TOO!!

Jamma

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee,  Thank you for posting.  I think it was sad that he became a drug addict.  Shooting up Demerol (sp?).  I had shots of that when I had gall bladder surgery in 1981.  It kills the pain but definitely goes to your head.  It is no longer used for post surgery.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

That's what led to his death, unfortunately. @Katcat1

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest...."Thank you.  Thank you very much". 

(Couldn't resist.  Elvis was famous for saying that).  BTW, I totally agree.

Image result for animated elvis presley