Honored Contributor

Elvis:Are You Lonesome Tonight Documentary

This documentary airs Saturday November 26 on Reelz. Are You Lonesome Tonight? follows Presley's familiar path from a poor Southern boy captivated by both white gospel music and the R&B of the Black community all the way to an obese 42-year-old who, in 1977, suffered a fatal heart attack fueled by prescription drugs. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Elvis:Are You Lonesome Tonight Documentary

@Jordan2 I don't think we get that channel on our cable network but will check it out.  I was and still am a big fan and hated to see his decline.  Such a talented man, such a waste.  Thanks for the info.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 

Love Elvis. I will watch. Will tell my mom, who actually got me into Elvis. Thanks for telling us. Fortunately, I do get Reelz. Now all I have to do is remember it. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@Jordan2 

Love Elvis. I will watch. Will tell my mom, who actually got me into Elvis. Thanks for telling us. Fortunately, I do get Reelz. Now all I have to do is remember it. 

@KBEANS if I remember I'll bump the thread up a day before it airs.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@Jordan2 

@KBEANS here is your reminder, this is on Saturday night, so fire up the DVR and enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the head's up.  I've set my DVR to record it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch this the other night? I didn't think it was that great, however there was nothing better to watch anyway.