Honored Contributor

i have enjoyed it!

they could have done a week long tribute to this man.....so many wonderful songs to cover and so many more clips of him to share.

may watch it again if  it is available on on demand.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I was seventeen when Elvis appeared on THE ED SULLIVAN VARIETY HOUR.  The only part I liked in this special was seeing ELVIS.  For me some on it are good singers, but no one could sing those songs LIKE ELVIS.  I love Adam Lambert, Josh Grobin and John Legend, but in these songs, they to me onlY Elvis could do them justice.

Glad you all enjoyed the special. Tomorrow I will play my Elvis records. Yes, still have them.   ADAM LAMBERT came out the best.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the tribute, but I really only thought Blake Shelton did a good job singing Elivis' music.  I have to admit that I fast forwarded through some of the performances that I didn't care for.

Super Contributor

Great tribute.  Enjoyed if very much.  Especially the Elvis clips.  Have been a fan since the very beginning of his career (yes, since the 50's).  I have to admit that I have never heard of/seen most of those singers that appeared on the show (I'M OLD), but they did a fantastic job.  They seemed to respect Elvis' great talent.

Trusted Contributor

@Citrine1  For me the problem was that none of the singers could hold a candle to Elvis.  The best parts for me were the clips of Elvis.  My least favorite segment was the two singers who did the gospel music, seems like they were trying to out-shout each other, had to turn the volume down for that.  Loved the ending song.  

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed this special very much. While I enjoyed today's artists singing Elvis' songs, I would have liked more clips of The King. That's why my favorite parts of the show were Mac Davis singing Memories ( with footage) and one of my favorite Elvis songs If I Can Dream, with Elvis singing most of the song. I liked that Priscilla, Lisa Marie, and Riley took part in the tribute. I wonder when this was flimed as Carrie Underwood was pregnant ( I think she gave birth in January), boy can she ever sing!

Honored Contributor

Re: Elvis All-Star Tribute

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed.  I had thought they were going to do a repeat of at least some of the songs he sang in that great 1968 comeback special.  All they did was flash very small parts of it.  And then went to the cover singers, some of whom were very good, but they weren’t Elvis.

i had told my daughter to let my granddaughters watch it so they could see what all the fuss was about back then.  They were probably bored after ten minutes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

the full 1968 ELVIS comeback special is available on nbc.com and the nbc app if anyone is interested in watching it.....to get the full elvis effect.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I thought that was the best tribute to Elvis I have ever seen!  I have watched it 3 times... soooo good! I thought every single performance was spectacular and I really enjoyed watching Post Malone, he was really into it and he was enjoying the jam session.  The 3 gospel songs were magnificent song by Carrie and Yolanda, they both gave me chills!  Blake did a great job hosting. Everytime I watch anything on Elvis, it makes me so sad that he died so young and seemed to have such sadness in his eyes!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

I am the odd man out - I never was a fan of Elvis.  Now the Beatles was a different story.