Honored Contributor

She seems like a deeply troubled  person to me with lots of unresolved issues. I feel as if she is wearing a mask and isn't sure who she is. 

Honored Contributor

Love her philanthropy, never watch her show.

Honored Contributor

I only watch her on occasion.  She has a very bad reputation for being a "diva", insulting others and especially nasty to work for.  On the plus side if she likes you, she's really great to be interviewed and she treats her workers ell.  It seems to be one or others.  There is no in between.  Just her personality.   She seems to be aware of it, just doesn't really care. 

Honored Contributor

I will watch her daytime show occasionally and have wondered about her.  She does seem to have a bit of a mean streak to her even though she will do nice things for some people. 

I never watch the game show...it 's not my idea of entertainment.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Ellen lost me awhile back. He tag line is be kind. She needs to take her own advice. I have seen her kind to people, absolutely. But I have also seen her flat out mean to people. Too many shows out there to tune into.

@Nancy Drew I have seen her be not so nice to people too.  Plus there have been a lot of rumors of her being nasty to staff and not so nice behind the scenes!

Honored Contributor

I know someone who works for her occasionally and this person said she is very difficult, demanding, and not kind at all. 

She should practice what she preaches.

Esteemed Contributor

whatever else..... Shes an animal lover and does a lot for animal causes so in my book she's OK 😺

QVC Customer Care
Valued Contributor

I always really liked Ellen, since way back, because of her sitcom and stand-up. Bought her books and everything.

I’ve never seen her TV shows but I did watch her home shows here on QVC for a while. I was so surprised at her interactions with the hosts. She had a detached, mocking kind of demeanor that was uncomfortable to watch.

I obviously don’t know her situation or feelings but she came across as being someone who thought she was too good for all this and didn’t care if she made lesser beings feel awkward. As a TV professional, she must have known how this was going to read on camera.

I remember being glad they’d put Carolyn Gracie on with her because I don’t think a less experienced host would have coped with her behavior as well as Carolyn did. But even warm-hearted, consummate professional, Carolyn was put on her back foot a few times.

i wasn’t surprised when QVC dropped her line. 

Having watched those QVC shows, I’m no longer a fan of Ellen. I don’t think she’s a nice person underneath, despite having done much good.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I know someone who works for her occasionally and this person said she is very difficult, demanding, and not kind at all. 

She should practice what she preaches.

That's odd because my son knows someone who works for her and he claims she is the salt of the earth. In addition, she doesn't publicize a lot of the good deeds she does like helping the homeless and their families.

Just goes to show it all depends on who you ask...