Trusted Contributor
I have never found it funny when she has someone jump up out of the table and scare her guests. That could cause someone to have a heart attack...and it is behavior that went out at age 12. Immature and dangerous.
She had someone scare Kris Jenner once and Jenner fell down and almost sprained her ankle. Not funny.
Honored Contributor

Funny how often people say they don't watch, won't watch or even have never watched a particular show, but have a very definite opinion about how cruel, mean, nasty someone is.  And even hypothesize about someone's motivations.  (I'm no psychiatrist, so I'll leave that to the experts.)

I'm puzzled how one makes an informed decision on that basis.  From reading tabloids or online stories?

In this particular instance, I don't watch the daily show very often, but I do watch the game show.  The contestants know exactly what they're signing on for; the possibility of winning the $100,000 prize is worth it to them, it seems.  (And I haven't seen anyone being injured or maimed yet!  If your ego can't stand you looking silly, best to stay away.)

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen her daytime show a couple of times where she has someone dressed up jump out at guests or sneak up behind them.  I don't like that at all. I can't remember the actress she did that to a couple of times in one segment and the woman was almost in tears.

Trusted Contributor
@Retired Legal Secretary
Yes, it scares me when she does that. It could have serious repercussions and it's just so darn immature.
Honored Contributor

Rarely watched her shows, but have seen a very dark side when talking to the press.

Trusted Contributor

I have felt for a long time that she has a mean streak. Years ago Minnie Driver was on and Ellen blinfolded her and asked her to test and identify the items in the table. She gets to the last and it,s a Habanero Chile. Those are incredibly hot and could really make someone sick to just bite in to one.

Ever since then I have not enjoyed her games. I'm guessing her guests are pretty much aware someone could jump out of that table.

Once she seques to a game I'm out. The contestants obviously know what they’re getting into but  I don’t opt to watch

Respected Contributor

I never did like her but it seems many fall all over themselves to see her. Not for me.

Respected Contributor

I never watch her as I am not a fan.  For what it is worth, I am not fond of most comedians. 

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
I have never found it funny when she has someone jump up out of the table and scare her guests. That could cause someone to have a heart attack...and it is behavior that went out at age 12. Immature and dangerous.
She had someone scare Kris Jenner once and Jenner fell down and almost sprained her ankle. Not funny.

@MarnieRez3   I agree....it is a weird sense of humor like Ellen’s  to enjoy  scaring someone to death.   I suppose it is her “kind of humor”......sure is not funny to me. 

Honored Contributor
She isn’t the only one who gets paid to help people make fools of themselves....but from the commercials for her show it does seem especially brutal....but there are plenty of people willing to put themselves through anything for attention.