Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@chrystaltree 

Her nighttime show is a cruel game show not a sitcom

@chrystaltree wrote:

I watch her talk show from time to time.  I have not seen her be cruel or mean or any of things any time that I watched the show.  I have not seen her game show but the contestants who appear on that show surely know what's in store for them and honestly, I doubt that it's anything like what OP is saying.  It's supposed to be funny and just all the sitcoms out there, comedy comes from laughing at or poking fun at people.

That's soley your opinion and it only has meaning to you.  I think if it was a mean or abusive show; we surely would have read about from tv critics.  That would not have got by everyone....LOL 

Honored Contributor

I saw a minute of her game show the other day and it seemed sophomoric.  I guess she hasn't grown up yet.  Kind of sad.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ellen seems cruel

[ Edited ]

That's anyone's choice not to like her or her humor but the contestants are willing participants and I can't say I've ever seen anyone get hurt!  They are fun competitive games.  That is her sense of humor and nothing wrong with it.  When we used to have staff picnics where I worked there were always funny games played that could be called sick humor but we all loved them and those that didn't want to participate didn't.  Anyone going on her show knows they could be pranked and probably will be.  As for anything that anyone reads in those scandal sheets, etc - well...can't believe anyone actually believes those things!!! 

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching her years ago. I believe the media “abuse” among others she endured for years is being showered on others now.

Esteemed Contributor

Ellen lost me awhile back. He tag line is be kind. She needs to take her own advice. I have seen her kind to people, absolutely. But I have also seen her flat out mean to people. Too many shows out there to tune into.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Never liked her, never watched her.  Seems too phony to me.

Esteemed Contributor

There is nothing funny about her game show. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I completely agree and as a result stopped watching her a few years ago.  There is also nobody who likes patting herself on the back more.  This topic has come up before and the thread gets shut down so it will be interesting to see how long this one lasts.

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

This may have come up before but, watching Ellen’s daytime show as well as glimpsing her evening game show program, I’m left with the impression that Ellen’s humor is derived from hurting, embarrassing, sliming, and degrading others. I no longer watch.  Perhaps she is trying to erase her goody-two-shoes image. Clearly there are plenty of fans who are willing to subject themselves to punishment. For me, however, there is something cruel and sadistic about it.

@Vivian 

I thought it was just me that saw this dark side to her because she's so darn popular and beloved by the entertainment/media crowd. I don't watch her show because of the fake niceness. She's literally making fun and slyly insulting the guests during every interview and they don't seem to catch on. Weird. Yes I agree. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Vivian , I must have missed something over the years, I never knew her to have a "goody two-shoes" image, LOL!