Respected Contributor

Ellen and Portia ,Alexa commercial

I found it very funny , what did people do before the assistant Alexa was in invented. We are spoiled for sure.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Ellen and Portia ,Alexa commercial

My grandmother had more appliances than I do............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa  I didn't think it was a great commercial, but I do use my Echo. But for the life of me I can't get it to understand chicken THIGHS when I'm adding them to my grocery list! I get "size" and "ties" and anything under the sun! Never thighs! I certainly wouldn't want my Echo to be in charge of my HVAC and lighting! Hahaha!

Esteemed Contributor

I saw that commercial a couple of days ago.  While I appreciate the point, I thought it fell flat.  After a while, I was wondering when it was going to end.  I think it would've been better if it had been shorter.

Honored Contributor

The commercial came on YouTube while I was watching. It caught my interest and I let it keep running after was allowed to stop it. Great ad. 

Respected Contributor

Mine came on out of the blue and scared the blank out of me , i didn't say her name. I think that is the only time.

Respected Contributor

I do agree it could have shorter and still made the point. At least it wasn't as long as the drug commercials , i have never seen anything like them , they are longer than the programs .

Honored Contributor

It was clever, though I agree - it went on too long.  I wondered when it would end as the jokes kept on coming while becoming less and less funny.  I wondered if Ellen and Portia really do set the thermostat back when leaving the house.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to say the same thing, I had to laugh.  When the gal threw the log out the window, I lost it.  LOL