Respected Contributor

Re: Ellen DeGeneres Ending Show in 2022

I was done watching anything that she was associated with a few years ago. To me she is a fake and phony person. 

Esteemed Contributor

I won't watch her game shows because it seems she is tormenting the contestants.  I have not watched her talk show in years.  However, I do think she is funny.  BUT, there has always been something about her that I found offputting, kind of like she is judging everyone she talks to.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I used to like her. But not so much anymore. I sensed a change in her personality & demeanor.Or maybe I was seeing the real Ellen.Either way I'm long over her. The scandal with her staff sealed the deal with me.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Pearlee

And if you believe that reason, you need a reality check.  She's ending the show after being accused of a toxic workplace environment that makes her on-camera persona a total fraud.  Her ratings are in the tank and people have found out she's not who she appears to be in front of the camera.

@Cats3000 

Of course that's the reason ....   The show ran its course a long time ago.    She's probably announcing the show ending before the network can announce she has been cancelled.  

Respected Contributor

I have not enjoyed her show for several years so I won't mine her going off the air. I also don't enjoy her game shows. Sadly I think she just got so full of herself that she started to believe she had a lot of power and could control people and always have her way.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

And if you believe that reason, you need a reality check.  She's ending the show after being accused of a toxic workplace environment that makes her on-camera persona a total fraud.  Her ratings are in the tank and people have found out she's not who she appears to be in front of the camera.

@Cats3000 

Of course that's the reason ....   The show ran its course a long time ago.    She's probably announcing the show ending before the network can announce she has been cancelled.  

@Tinkrbl44   Both of your comments.......Preach!!!.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

It's time to end her show. It's old hat now, and with all the complaints with regard to a hostile work place. She's made enough $$.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Anyone planning to watch with Oprah as guest tomorrow?

Ugh....no! 

Valued Contributor

I can't even believe she came back for this season.   Probably didn't want it to look like she was being forced out.

I have watched several times over the years, when someone I like is a guest.  There is something almost sinister in her smile when thinking she "got" someone.  My little niece was over one day and wanted to watch that stupid game show of hers.  OMG. Why would anyone want to humiliate themselves like that.  Ellen seemed overjoyed when pushing the button to send a contestant into the water.  That smile was on full display.

I doubt her show will be mised by many,

Esteemed Contributor

She won't be missed.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.