Honored Contributor

Elizabeth Taylor in "The V.I.P.'s" Tonight TCM 10;30 P.M. Eastern

[ Edited ]

Hooray!  Part of an Elizabeth Taylor mini-festival going on tonight.  Elizabeth and Richard Burton had a smoldering chemistry in this soapy tale of tycoon Burton and his unhappy, glamorous wife, looking for solace to Louis Jourdan...

Elizabeth is stunning and soulful in this.   Favorite scenes:   Burton giving her an eye-poppingly blingy bracelet, (art imitating life, ha) and the intense confrontation they have in a hotel, in which someone gets cut...

Huge campy fun, from start to finish...

Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Taylor in "The V.I.P.'s" Tonight TCM 10;30 P.M. Eastern

Taylor and Burton are one of my favorite movie couples, I saw " Who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe " recently and I remember sneaking in to see it when it came out. It was an R rating, can you believe it ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Elizabeth Taylor had one of the most beautiful, perfect faces!  Even as a child, she had this beautiful, childish yet adult looking face.  The first picture I recall of hers was in one of the Lassie movies.  Her dark hair and amethyst eyes made her a stand out.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Heat, heat, heat!

Respected Contributor

She was exquisite and those were the days before most types of plastic surgery.

She was also a humanitarian and philanthropist and I've read an extremely loyal friend (Rock Hudson, Montgomery Cliff).

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I'm watching it now and I love this movie, so many characters and their stories. Of course Margaret Rutherford is a hoot. Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie- check out the 1943 version of the film Jane Eyre. There is an UNCREDITED role of little Helen Burns played by Elizabeth Taylor.

And I agree - she was beautiful. Richard Burton was nothing to sniff at either, especially as King Henry VIII in Anne of the Thousand Days which was on the other day. Hubba hubba!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe" last night.....and don't laugh....but my favorite part is the beginning scene where she talks about Bette Davis walking into a house in a movie and saying "What a dump!".....LOL

Honored Contributor

I saw the VIP's was on - I thought it was odd. Richard Burton is "Star of the Month". And I believe his movies are shown on Monday. So I was surprised to see Richard Burton again on Thursday.

I like how sometimes TCM will focus on a different star each day.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy the couple.  Last night "The Sandpiper" was aired. 

The "VIP'S" had a few interesting times.  The story about a woman who no longer sees her husband, and desires his attention and affection, but his success keeps him away. 

My favorite is "The Taming of The Shrew".  Zeffarelli knew how to use color, costumes, sets and lighting.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust