Honored Contributor

At the time of her sister's disappearance, the woman who was harrassing/following her sister was the one who saw her sister killed and tried to tell Maud at the time but because the woman was thought crazy and related it in an odd way; Maud didn't understand what the woman was trying to tell her.

Then, when Maud found her sister's hair comb in that shack, she began putting it together with the compact mirror belonging to her sister that she had found in Elizabeth's  garden. It finally came together and she realized what had happened.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain Thank you thank you!  Knew there had to be something important I was missing LOL  Sounds like I missed an entire plot point - It didn't help that I was sitting farther away from my mother's smaller TV - couldn't read any of the notes! I remember her friend helping the old woman and Maid found something of her sister's where she was living.  Missed the explanation clearly.  Definitely something you need to watch with full attention.

I can really see why it was made into a movie (but also appreciated that it was only 90 minutes long!)