Esteemed Contributor

It's not a series. 

It's a made for television film.

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Is Missing

[ Edited ]

I watched last night with my mother. I thought it was good, but was a little confused about the sister storyline.

Spoiler
I didn't understand how she knew where she was all this time.  I actually thought that she had done it - how else would she have known?  But, it sounded like she saw the husband do it.  I'm sure I missed it - did it say why she didn't report it all those years back? 

otherwise, I do like how they tied the two stories together.  Didn't know where they were otherwise going with it.
Trusted Contributor

It was just so very slow moving.  

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

I thought that it being somewhat confusing was deliberate to provide a bit of insight into Maud's confusion. 

Imagine the frustration of searching for something that you've misplaced and then imagine living constantly with that feeling.

Respected Contributor

Excellent and very real. 

Respected Contributor

A brilliant program.

I got up and watched the last 20 minutes again (I fell asleep last night).

What a great plot; a great presentation; most wonderfully done by Glenda Jackson.

It was a treat to see her again.

I loved how slowly it all moved. . .a perfect production.

Esteemed Contributor

I started watching but changed channel. I have a hard time staying with a slow moving show. May go back and watch On Demand!!

Respected Contributor

I give this show a 5 star rating.

It was brilliant in its execution of how the main character's mind was working.

Glenda Jackson's performance is worthy of attention. Her performance was spot on.

There were moments when the viewer could become confused but then you have to remind yourself of the main character and how her mind is reacting to the moment of long ago.

There were tender scenes and some irrational ones.

This was Masterpiece at its best.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Alter Ego 

I thought that it being somewhat confusing was deliberate to provide a bit of insight into Maud's confusion. 

Imagine the frustration of searching for something that you've misplaced and then imagine living constantly with that feeling.

Spoiler
But, i'm not talking about misplacing a thing.  This is a dead body that she apparently knew about well before her dementia. Why did she not share the information years and years ago? When it happened or when the murderer died?  That's why I thought she had to be involved - why else would anyone not share what they knew (even anonymously).

But, she just watched her sister's husband kill her sister and hide the body? (I can't remember - was it an accident?) Did I miss something? I probably missed something.

I wasn't confused by her confusion/dementia.  Far from it - I appreciated how the stories ended up being tied together. But, I was confused by the basic back story regarding her sister's death.