Honored Contributor

It was on PBS tonight. I thought it well done.

Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Is Missing

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain  I guess you watched the whole show. I turned it off after half an hour. It seemed to be going nowhere. Did it pick up? I was looking forward to it.

Honored Contributor

I have it on my DVR and look forward to seeing it.  Glenda Jackson is an excellent actress, loved her in Elizabeth R a series on Masterpiece Theater. in the early seventies, one of the best.  I'm glad you gave a well done rating to this series!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw  Glenda was great in what I saw. It was the story that didn't do it for me.

Trusted Contributor

I also watched about an hour and turned it off.  Subject matter too depressing.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

It wasn't uplifting, more an experience, that of Alzheimer's. There wasn't a happy ending and for some it would be distressing.

The acting was excellent.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain  So what about the story? Did she search for her friend? It wasn't making sense to me. My Mom had Alzheimer's so I understood all that.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Yes, but it brought back memories of her sister's disappearance 70 years ago. 

Eventually, she remembered that Elizabeth had collapsed in the garden so was in hospital.

A few years ago I had a neighbor who had Alzheimer's but that's the only experience I've had so that's probably the reason I found it so interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Yes, but it brought back memories of her sister's disappearance 70 years ago. 

Eventually, she remembered that Elizabeth had collapsed in the garden so was in hospital.

A few years ago I had a neighbor who had Alzheimer's but that's the only experience I've had so that's probably the reason I found it so interesting. 

@occasionalrain  Ok, thanks for that info. I think I will try again.  The Alzheimer's with my Mom was horrendous. I really did thank God when she passed away. That's how bad it was. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

Was this the first episode?