Trusted Contributor

Re: El Camino - A Breaking Bad Movie

I know my husband will want to see the movie.  He has a beautiful 1982 El Camino show car.

Regular Contributor

Have seen many complaining or disappointed in the movie, however, it was just what was promised by Vince Gilligan - what happened to Jesse after he drove out of the Aryan compound!

I was/am a huge BB fan lol, I startted watching BB again tonite!  I wa satisfied with the movie and enjoyed it from the edge of my seat.  I look at it as a "gift" from Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul.

Super Contributor

Start off by saying that I'm a huge BB fan.  I consider Breaking Bad and The Wire to be two of the best shows ever on tv.  However, I found this movie to be a slow moving total disappointment and gave up after 45 minutes.  One of the reasons for the show's excellence was superb ensemble casting, not just one character.  Much love for Aaron Paul, but I needed more than he could offer. 

Honored Contributor

@Indra wrote:

Start off by saying that I'm a huge BB fan.  I consider Breaking Bad and The Wire to be two of the best shows ever on tv.  However, I found this movie to be a slow moving total disappointment and gave up after 45 minutes.  One of the reasons for the show's excellence was superb ensemble casting, not just one character.  Much love for Aaron Paul, but I needed more than he could offer. 

My thoughts exactly.

Respected Contributor

I liked the movie, especially the use of flashbacks to show how Jesse got to each point. However, did I miss how he managed to get away from Todd? Maybe I wasn't paying attemtion?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

I liked the movie, especially the use of flashbacks to show how Jesse got to each point. However, did I miss how he managed to get away from Todd? Maybe I wasn't paying attemtion?

@froggy   Jesse didn't get away from Todd.  In the final episode of BB Walter went to the clan that ripped him off and were holding Jesse in a cage to "cook" for them.

Walter set up a device to shoot into the house; Walter covered Jesse while this went on.

After it was over, Todd was still alive and Jesse strangled him with the chains around his wrists.

Jesse left in the El Camino as Walter, who had been hit in the gunfire, went to look at the "cook" set up and died from his injury.

In "El Camino" Jesse went back to Todd's apartment, which had been destroyed by the police.  Todd was already dead back at the meth lab.  Jesse was looking for the money Todd had hidden in the apartment.

Jesse had a chance to escape Todd but didn't because Todd would have killed the son of Jesse's girlfriend.  Todd had already killed her when Jesse first tried to escape in BB.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy   Jesse didn't get away from Todd.  In the final episode of BB Walter went to the clan that ripped him off and were holding Jesse in a cage to "cook" for them.

Walter set up a device to shoot into the house; Walter covered Jesse while this went on.

After it was over, Todd was still alive and Jesse strangled him with the chains around his wrists.

Jesse left in the El Camino as Walter, who had been hit in the gunfire, went to look at the "cook" set up and died from his injury.

In "El Camino" Jesse went back to Todd's apartment, which had been destroyed by the police.  Todd was already dead back at the meth lab.  Jesse was looking for the money Todd had hidden in the apartment.

Jesse had a chance to escape Todd but didn't because Todd would have killed the son of Jesse's girlfriend.  Todd had already killed her when Jesse first tried to escape in BB.

Thx! It's been so long since I saw the series I forgot!

Honored Contributor

I got the impression it was Jesse who tore up Todd's apartment.

Those police weren't the real police anyway.

Either way, I loved it and will watch again.

@Cakers3 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Regular Contributor

I watched it last night and thought it was poorly written and acted.  Seems that everyone involved was just capitalizing on the success of Breaking Bad.

Honored Contributor

@software   The two police with Jesse-yes, they were fakes.

But the neighbor said to them something about being "back again" so I wasn't sure if he meant the same two "police" or meaning other police had already been there.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh