Honored Contributor

Re: Eileen Davidson - Of Real Housewives and Y&R Interview this day - 2/11/2017

And @Annabellethecat66... about that gosh-awful thing he's in now... No, I suppose it's not actually bad, but it's surely not all it's cracked up to be either... I lost interest pretty darned quickly... And I could easily be wrong, but no, I can't see it holding most people's interest for a three year run... As you said, it's already dragging... To me, most of the characters just aren't that fascinating... some aren't even likable... and one or two aren't believable...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I forgot about that but you're right ...  Erica Jane was fabulous at the script reading !!  I just can't get a handle on Erika Jane, but everyone seems to love her ... except Lisa Vanderpump !!  and it looks like a fight between PK (Dorit's husband) and Erika Jane this week ...  as they say, stay tuned !!  

Honored Contributor

@Graciesmom I forgot to say, I remembered during the interview on EW Radio Eileen was asked how she felt about the Housewives part coming into her soap world (I remembered where Erica Jane was a guest on Y&R).

Eileen was cryptic and said something like she wasn't going to let something like that bother her (I can't figure out how to say it except I got the feeling she didn't want to say anything bad, so wanted to just 'let it go'.  Which he (the interviewer did graciously).

Larry Flick the EW host/interviewer is wonderful.  He asked both Eric and Eileen insightful questions about themselves.  After the interview was over Eric Braden (especially) you could tell he was being honest and heartfelt said something like he felt like it was the best interview he'd been given and the questions were really good.  Larry Flick is wonderful.  He's only on EW Radio for 1 hour a day (3 to 4) but it's really good.  He mainly does interviews with celebrities but also talks about things in the news with celebrities.  I recommend it if any of you have Satellite radio.''

Honored Contributor

@stevieb The connection is whatever you .........Oh!  What's that?  Someone's at the door........gotta go...no comment.......

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb The connection is whatever you .........Oh!  What's that?  Someone's at the door........gotta go...no comment.......

Woman Wink @Annabellethecat66

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Smiley HappyHeart Yes!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I think there are several daytime actresses who've tried their hand at writing... I don't know how good any of them is, and you've got to believe they probably have a leg up in making contacts with those in a position to get them published... Probably good publicity for their shows, too, when they do... which also doesn't hurt their odds...

@stevieb, he's on the number one show on television.  I know you don't like This Is Us but it's number one with absolutely ideal demographics, the commercials are the most expensive in prime time because of those demos, and it's also acclaimed and nominated for awards.

Do you realize how much of a downgrade being on a soap would be for him? 

He put it to rest in this (or last?) week's SOD.  They interviewed him, he said they should recast, it's a great part.  (I remember his very first day on Passions, out of the gate he was superb.)  He says he's grateful to the soap world but he also said how great it is as an actor having time to work on his material now, outside the crazy fast pace of a soap.

ETA:  I don't mean to sound scoldy if I do, and I apologize if I do.  It's just an insult to his current success to think he ought to do a soap at the same time as This Is Us.  It would be like doing the biggest show on Broadway and a 300-seat regional theater in Dubuque at the same time (if that were physically possible LOL).

Honored Contributor

I've never seen her on Housewives but I have loved Eileen on Y&R and especially on Days of Our Lives.  She's so good that on Days she elevated some of her scene partners to where they were doing their best work ever (Eric Martsolf in particular).

I didn't know she wrote cozies, so thanks @Annabellethecat66, I will read them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Relax @LoriLori... @Annabellethecat66 and I are playing...

At the end of the day, I don't really care what he does... I did prefer seeing him on the soap because, well, there was just so much more of him to see... Being serious, the show isn't very good but it was better with him than without him... He also enjoyed a good bit of screen time on the show, which kept it more interesting than it is now...

Regardless, even were we overwhelmingly invested enough in him returning to the soap to lead a campaign or something... it would hardly happen simply because we want it to...

You're right, though, successful though it might be, I do find his new vehicle over-rated and, to me, it's already losing steam, but that's just me. Still, one does wonder if it'll retain its glow over the long haul that NBC has commited to...

As for Justin, never say never. Now that he's had serious success in a major network show, it's likely he'll continue to move onward and upward. On the other hand, he did revert to soaps after stints in prime time on Revenge, Mistresses and his several CW shows... If, for any reason, the parts aren't there, I suppose he'll do what he feels he has to do to keep working. 

As for the number one designation, that seems to ebb and flow, though the show is clearly popular and while the award nominations are nice, I don't think it's walked home with one yet... I'm sure the demographics are swell...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori Come on Lori, you and I know each other...we email each other.  You know private things about me....you should know @stevieb and I are just 'pulling each other's chains'.  We are goofing off.

Please don't take any of what we 'say' seriously.  This is just something between the two of us because we both like him so much...there are very few places where you can be this silly without hurting anyone...that's what we are doing.  Actually I think @stevieb says it better than I do.  Take it easy.