Honored Contributor

Eileen Davidson - Of Real Housewives and Y&R Interview this day - 2/11/2017

I haven't been watching RHWBH but Eileen Davidson was on Entertainment Weekly, XM Satellite Radio today promoting the show primarily and also Y&R.

She was mainly asked about Real Housewives, and since I haven't been watching it this year I won't be able to really know what she's talking about except to say she did say (when asked by the interviewer, Larry Flick) that she'd always thought everyone was playing with a full set of cards but now she knows that isn't really the case (in other words, some of these women are kinda crazy acting). 

She talked about how she'd (personally) had so many family member die this past year and how (on the show) she was willing to show herself going to theraphy because she 'keeps it real' and her real life had her going to theraphy because of all of the deaths and learning how to deal with them.  

She said she had 'to keep going' (when asked how she deal with so much unhappiness in her life) she mentioned her young son (I think around 13) and how he's had double the loss from both sides of the family.

She was asked if she was going to leave Y&R any time soon and she said "no" because they (the powers that be) give her 'time outs' to do other things.  She said all of the actors get time out to do other things.  MEMO:  I find this interesting because I thought that was why Billy Miller left the show BECAUSE they WOULDN'T give HIM time out to do other things.  Oh!  Well!

She said she has been working with some of the same people on Y&R for 30 years and considers them her very good friends.  She said years ago she wrote two books and one of them has recently been picked up and a movie is going to be made from one of them (she didn't want to discuss it right now).

Anyway, she was very honest (so it seemed to me in her answers and was affable.  I enjoyed listening to the conversation.

I did think it was interesting that these two actors (Eileen Davidson and Eric Braden) were back to back, same day played on the radio interview.

However, they were each there to promote their own book and TV show.

original cast member Yolanda Hadid Foster has already announced she is not returning for the new season. During season 6, former "Days of our Lives" actress Lisa Rinna accused Yolanda of not having Lyme's Disease, but instead suggested Munchausen.Nov 1, 2016

First in a fun new soap opera MYSTERY series—written by an emmy®-nominated soap star...

She’s bold. She’s beautiful. And she’s about to go to jail for murder...

Soap opera actress Alexis Peterson has starred in the nation’s top soap opera for almost 20 years. But her career takes a nose-dive when Marcy Blanchard is hired as the head writer. Little did Alexis realize that Marcy’s been holding a grudge all these years—and is ready to take her revenge.

So when Marcy turns up dead, bludgeoned to death with her Emmy®, no one is surprised that Alexis is the prime suspect. No one except Alexis, that is, who knows she has to take matters into her own hands if she wants to avoid being arrested for a crime she didn’t commit—and becoming the real killer’s next victim...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eileen Davidson - Of Real Housewives and Y&R Interview this day - 2/11/2017

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower I don't know if it is the one being made into a movie as she mentioned 2 books she'd written.  She is writing the screenplay now (or at least whenever the interview took place).

Trusted Contributor

I've been watching her for 30 years, and on Housewives.There has never been a time that I haven't enjoyed her. She is beautiful and poised.  I was glad to see her on Hw that she's the same in real life.

Honored Contributor

So @Annabellethecat66... if they give time off to do other things, sort of makes you wonder why Justin flew the coop... Sort of makes you think maybe he wanted to leave us behind... 

Woman Mad

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb Oh! say it (ain't) so (using that word is like scraping fingernails across a chalk board....but in this case...it fits).....

Justin would do this to us....?? to us?? his most ardent supporters??? to you (who always manages to find the most wonderous pictures of him??....Here's my take on that show .....(he's making a mistake, but can always come back).

I am seeing a bit of a let down on this show (This is Us).  No show can keep up the hype this show has been experiencing....even with Justin in it.

I just think it's been s l o w lately.  Not terrible, goodness no...just slow.  Oh!  I know they renewed it already, but that doesn't mean anything if people loose interest, it's good-bye.

Do you think Justin knows we'll be here waiting for him when he wises (is that a word)? up?  

Since he's been gone I ALMOST lost my appetite but then I saw a Whopper commercial and suddenly, suddenly, my brain said, "Annabelle....@stevieb14.....he's gone...gone...wise up..and go get the gosh darn Whopper".....and so I did...and so it was wonderful!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there are several daytime actresses who've tried their hand at writing... I don't know how good any of them is, and you've got to believe they probably have a leg up in making contacts with those in a position to get them published... Probably good publicity for their shows, too, when they do... which also doesn't hurt their odds...

Valued Contributor

I do like a Eileen but sometimes I think she has a short fuse ...  I guess I might too if I lost as many family members as she has ...  AND her husband seems a little aloof !!  I'm still a little confused with Erica Jane and her story ...  such an extreme from her daytime life to her night time character ...  which person is she actually !!  My favorite is Lisa Vanderpump ...  I'm just about OVER Lisa Rinna ... she is on just about every daytime talk show, then selling on QVC (she had to get into the fashion industry again after Kyle Richards opened her L.A. store and now NYC store ...  her daughter is now modeling in New York like Yolanda's daughters, she is just a little over the top for me and wants her finger in every pie.  It is my favorite housewife show ...  do NOT miss Brandi !!

Esteemed Contributor

Funny, I always thought Eileen was one of those housewives that wasn't playing with a full deck....especially last year.

I didn't know her (hadn't even heard of her) before she started on RHBH.  I think she comes across as painfully boring.  This season she gave Erika a small part on the soap opera as a birthday present.  Last week or the week before Erika came to test read with Eileen and, IMHO!!!!!!, she was light years ahead of Eileen in acting talent!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb Oh! say it (ain't) so (using that word is like scraping fingernails across a chalk board....but in this case...it fits).....

Justin would do this to us....?? to us?? his most ardent supporters??? to you (who always manages to find the most wonderous pictures of him??....Here's my take on that show .....(he's making a mistake, but can always come back).

I am seeing a bit of a let down on this show (This is Us).  No show can keep up the hype this show has been experiencing....even with Justin in it.

I just think it's been s l o w lately.  Not terrible, goodness no...just slow.  Oh!  I know they renewed it already, but that doesn't mean anything if people loose interest, it's good-bye.

Do you think Justin knows we'll be here waiting for him when he wises (is that a word)? up?  

Since he's been gone I ALMOST lost my appetite but then I saw a Whopper commercial and suddenly, suddenly, my brain said, "Annabelle....@stevieb14.....he's gone...gone...wise up..and go get the gosh darn Whopper".....and so I did...and so it was wonderful!

Yes dear @Annabellethecat66... I hate to break it to you, but I think we've been had... used, tossed aside and abandoned... and I think it was our dear boy's choice to do so... And you can await his return with open arms, but I am through with him, after hearing about this... Honestly, AB, it wasn't bad enough when he took up with that trampy, untalented girlfriend of his... Oh no... On top of that he had to further stomp our desires into the ground by walking right out the door... Now girl, with all that said, I just want to know what the connection is between JH and, uh, eating a Whopper...

Woman LOL Woman Wink