Respected Contributor

Thanks but my question was in response to another poster's comment.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

It was by far THE best episode in a long, long time.  Eddie Murphy was spot on with all his characters.  I'm a big Masked Singer fan, so when he came out as corn on the cob, I was rolling.  Then it turned out to be Buckwheat and his renditions of all those songs sent me over the edge.  All the TINGA NADIES.  

Contributor

I thought it was one of their best episodes. I especially liked all the cameo appearances by former cast members and of course, Larry David.

Esteemed Contributor

Best ratings for SNL in two years.  Eddie was spot on.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it's just me or what, but whenever I watch SNL lately (which is only when I'm interested in seeing either the host or the musical guest) the volume goes way down for the musical guest's perfomance.  The volume for the show  is normal & then, the musical guest starts & it's fine & then, the volume drops & I can barely hear the prefomance.  Is this happening to anyone else? It's the weirdest thing & I've noticed it for several months now.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Eddie was in rare form! That was an awesome performance. He has not lost his comedic timing at all, and is still easy on the eyes😊. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

It's hard to believe Eddie has never hosted before, alum always come back. I think Eddie let the four letter word that begins with s and ends in t slip, which surprised me, I thought the show would surely be on a 7 second delay.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I couldn't wait for SNL to come on back in the 70's. EM and the rest of the cast were so talented and funny. I never really cared for Eddies movies, but the characters he played on SNL were a scream. I loved Lisa Lubner and Todd .

Honored Contributor
Last night was so funny! The news desk was a crack up.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Last night was so funny! The news desk was a crack up.

Weekend Update is my favorite part of the show!

Trusted Contributor

I didn't catch SNL last night, but I watched a couple of the skits on YouTube. Eddie Murphy is one of a kind. He is sooooo funny! Mr. Robinson was always my favorite of his characters, along with Velvet Jones and of course, Gumby. The Mr. Robinson sketch was hilarious, and spot on! And Gumby did not disappoint. I was excited to hear that a sequel to "Coming to America" is in the works. That was a great movie. It will be interesting to see how the characters changed in 30 years.