Honored Contributor

Re: Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli "Perfect Symphony" w/video

@SusieQ_2

all i can say is...thank you!Heart

I loved those two singers togetherHeart....while they sang beautifull together!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SusieQ_2Thank you!  I'll think of that as my Christmas present from you to me!

I'm sitting here, it's almost midnight in Va with tears in my eyes, it was so beautiful and made my heart sing!

Thanks again for your wonderful Christmas present.  Annabelle/Linda

It's funny you would say it's a Christmas present because Ed Sheeran, in one of his interviews, said something like "The song is a Christmas gift with a beautiful video to go with it." That's actually paraphrased because I don't remember his exact words. I just recall he said it was a Christmas present.

When I think of you listening to this song with tears in your eyes I think of the posts you've made about your dear departed husband and how in love the two of you were. I know you'll be missing him this Christmas, as always, and holding his memory close in your heart. Heart

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 Thank you for the sweet words.  Yes, music was very important to my husband and me.  We met at a dance at Ft Myer at the USO club.  We'd go dancing all of the time.  Back then (in the 60's) there were often real bands playing.  We'd dance most of the night.  We actually won a few dance contests.  We knew each other so well (grew up together....got married at just barely 19) so we could move easily together.  We waited 7 years to have children.  

Sometimes I feel his presence.  I will wite letters and terrible poems to him.  He used to write poetry to me when we were young.  He was good at it, I'm terrible.  I can write pretty good though, just not poetry.  

It's terrible when someone you love so deeply dies so suddenly, but I keep remembering how I was able to breathe my air into his body (and see his chest rise up).  How many people get to do that?  It was a gift to be there, to know he didn't call out to me or suffer.  That was a gift to me only he and I shared.  

We were really best friends.  Yet we were very competitive on teams.  Our personalities were very different.  He was organized and I was an am still very unorganized!  Ha!

He loved everything Disney and I thought it was boring.  He used to say, "How can you sit and watch people beat the heck out of each other?  Yet you won't watch an animal have a hang nail".  I think he was attracted to me because I was so different.  I am outspoken, not mean or rude just always for the underdog.  He was too but more soft spoken about it.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@lulu1, I read that about the Today show but had already missed it. Boo!

Seventeen times? That's amazing! I guess you saw him at Madison Square Garden. Lucky you. Smiley Happy

@SusieQ_2

You might consider us adoring fans.  We first saw him in a coffee house/piano bar in a small town in Tuscany in (about) 1997.  Back then he was a lawyer trying to make it as a piano player/singer.  He sang Italian "pop" and standards. A year or so later I saw a PBS special and couldn't believe it was the same guy. The first time we saw him in the US was July, 2000, at Liberty State Park.  It was a PBS special.  That night was magical with the NYC skyline in the background.  Little did I know, it would be the last time I saw the Twin Towers standing.  At the end of the show, they announced there was a special guest and Sarah Brightman came out.  The crowd went nuts. We were hooked.

We are fortunate that he comes to the NYC or Philadelphia area almost every year.  I do not think we've missed a tour.

Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@lulu1 @SusieQ_2 love Andrea as well and have seen him several times. I didn't go this year, Kristin Chenowirth(sp?) was performing with him and she's not a favorite of mine. 

@Ibby114

We saw him Wednesday night.  He was fabulous.  I'm not a fan of KC either.  The other 2 female performers wore sleek sparkly gowns.  She came out in this HUGE ugly bright yellow ball gown.  The first thing she said was something about playing Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  She also remarked about feeling short next to AB.  Her solo wasn't too bad but when she sang The Prayer with AB she ruined it.  My husband was not familiar with her and thought she was pretty bad.

Kristin Chenowirth's voice (to my ears) is like nails on a chalk board. 

That yellow gown, yikes!

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1, thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm sure those are some great memories.

I don't know which I'm more jealous of...seeing Bocelli in the coffee house/piano bar or in NY with the beautiful skyline. I think I'm going to say the piano bar in Tuscany but it's a close one! I love it when you go to see a great performer and they bring out another wonderful performer as a complete surprise. It's such a sweet bonus!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, loved reading your post. Sometimes reading about your relationship reminds me of a fairytale, or a movie, but it was real life. Thank you for sharing bits of it with us. It's always a pleasure to read.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 Thank you for your sweet words.  No marriage is perfect.

Back when we had our first little house (before children) back in the early 70's there was a song called "Our House" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young...

Go here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3y_GqwMSQ4

My two 1/2 sisters used to say that song could have been written for my husband and me.  Listen to the words.

My late husband taught himself to play the guitar and he had a beautiful voice.  He'd sing this (and other songs) to me.  

I was talking to my friend (she's a widow) today at lunch.  We often talk about our husbands (she was only married for 8 years when he died.....I was married for 38 years.  

I was telling her that I sometimes feel his presence in the house (he died here).  I told her about the letters I write to him and he used to write poetry to me.  She started crying in the restaurant and said, "Don't say anything else".  

This isn't new.  We sometimes do that (she and I).  I always say being a widow is a club no one wants to belong to and (unfortunately) there are more and more people joining the club as we get old(er).

Her sister's husband has been battling cancer and was just sent home (to die).  We talked about how it doesn't seem real to the sister and she's in denial.

I know I'm not alone.  There are many widows like myself.  I'm lucky though because my daughters helped me.  She never had children.

I believe everything happens for a reason.  I really believe she and I are friends because we help each other.  We are as different as night and day (personalities).  But our friendship works.

Sometimes it isn't easy being my friend because I am a cut-up.  I will say just about anything and love, love people.  She's the total opposite.  I will talk to strangers for 1 hour in the grocery store.  It drives her crazy!  Ha!

When she gets up to go to the bathroom she'll say, "When I come back, I don't want to see a stranger sitting or standing here talking to you".  It happens .....they come over and say, "I know you".....(they don't) and so it goes....

Aren't you glad I'm not your friend?  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66, I didn't need the link (but I thank you for it as I did go listen again). What I mean is, I know that song well & I've always loved it.

I'll light the fire, you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today
Staring at the fire for hours and hours while I listen to you
Play your love songs all night long for me, only for me

Come to me now and rest your head for just five minutes

Everything is done
Such a cozy room, the windows are illuminated by the evening
Sunshine through them, fiery gems for you, only for you

Our house is a very, very, very fine house

With two cats in the yard

Life used to be so hard

Now everything is easy 'cause of you

Your friend is lucky to have you.

Oh, I almost forgot. On a flight home from Hawaii to LAX we shared the plane with David Crosby and his family. It was a long time ago, and he was rumored to be a trouble maker, but he was fine on the flight. We wouldn't even have known but our luggage was delayed and we ended up waiting at the same place (after midnight naturally!). Too bad it wasn't Neil Young, lol.

eta ~ Wait...did you just say you're not my friend? lol, I'm just teasing you. I know what you mean. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 Well, you're my friend...Just because we might never meet, we're still friends.  I enjoy your posts.

Everyone is so kind the way they put up with my long posts telling my business....HA!

I'm like this in 'real life'.  I love people.  I'll stand in the grocery store (or anywhere) and talk to people.  

Recently, I was reaching up to get cookies I love.  Behind me I heard a sweet voice say, "I'd love to buy those but they're too expensive for me".  I turned around and we started talking.  I learned all about her younger sister (who has an important job with the Smithsonian in DC, her past husband's (3 of them) and many other things.  We talked for maybe 20 or so minutes.  I know I'll never see her again, but for a few minutes we connected.

Most people are kind.  I've always taught my girls if you go up to someone with a smile 99% of the time they'll smile back.

Thanks for your note about David Crosby.  As I've said here before, my niece is married to a 'rocker'.  She's the lead singer with Jefferson Starship.  All of these rockers are a close knit group.  I haven't seen my niece in some time but I love it when everyone gets together and we hear stories  about life on the road.

Take care.