Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli "Perfect Symphony" w/video

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SusieQ_2  That was absolutely beautiful.  I love Andrea's singing, and I honestly am not familiar with the other singer but I have seen him before.  That was a special treat.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

The other singer, Ed Sheeran, is a very popular and talented young pop artist. He's a musician who writes his own music, writes for other artists, and also produces. The first I heard of him was when he opened for Taylor Swift's tour in 2013. He's really come a long way...from opening a stadium tour to headlining his own in the coming year.

Like you, I love Bocelli's singing. Sometimes when I listen to him I feel like my breathing is deeper or that I have to sit up straighter and taller to take in the beauty. Corny, I know, but his singing creates a real physical sensation like my heart is soaring! Heart

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2  Ed Sheeran had a beautiful voice.  Andrea is truly gifted and I understand what you mean.  His voice just takes you to beautiful places.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have always loved both of them...truly enjoyed the performance.....thanks .....I would be..just like Ed Sheeran just in amazement being so close to Andrea singing!! I am not a fan of opera/classical music....but Andrea just blows my mind and i HAVE to listen his voice it is so beautiful.....

he and Pavarotti ....both so gifted....

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2Thank you!  I'll think of that as my Christmas present from you to me!

I'm sitting here, it's almost midnight in Va with tears in my eyes, it was so beautiful and made my heart sing!

Thanks again for your wonderful Christmas present.  Annabelle/Linda

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2, thank you!  Just beautiful.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@SusieQ_2

They played a bit of the video on TODAY this week.  Thursday night we saw Andrea Bocelli for the 17th time.  I've never heard him hit a bad note.

The video is great; thanks for sharing.

@lulu1 @SusieQ_2 love Andrea as well and have seen him several times. I didn't go this year, Kristin Chenowirth(sp?) was performing with him and she's not a favorite of mine. 

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@SusieQ_2

They played a bit of the video on TODAY this week.  Thursday night we saw Andrea Bocelli for the 17th time.  I've never heard him hit a bad note.

The video is great; thanks for sharing.

We saw him Wednesday night at MSG. 

I enjoyed the video @SusieQ_2.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@lulu1 @SusieQ_2 love Andrea as well and have seen him several times. I didn't go this year, Kristin Chenowirth(sp?) was performing with him and she's not a favorite of mine. 

@Ibby114

We saw him Wednesday night.  He was fabulous.  I'm not a fan of KC either.  The other 2 female performers wore sleek sparkly gowns.  She came out in this HUGE ugly bright yellow ball gown.  The first thing she said was something about playing Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  She also remarked about feeling short next to AB.  Her solo wasn't too bad but when she sang The Prayer with AB she ruined it.  My husband was not familiar with her and thought she was pretty bad.

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the video...thanks!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Ibby114

We saw him Wednesday night.  He was fabulous.  I'm not a fan of KC either.  The other 2 female performers wore sleek sparkly gowns.  She came out in this HUGE ugly bright yellow ball gown.  The first thing she said was something about playing Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  She also remarked about feeling short next to AB.  Her solo wasn't too bad but when she sang The Prayer with AB she ruined it.  My husband was not familiar with her and thought she was pretty bad.

@muttmom KC doesn't have the range to sing 'The Prayer'--  Woman Embarassed she's a campy type Broadway performer for the most part! In 2016, Katharine McPhee performed with Andrea, she was incredible.