Esteemed Contributor

Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli "Perfect Symphony" w/video

For fans of Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli ~

Just when it seemed Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" couldn't get any better; this happens. The video was shot in October in Tucany at Bocelli's home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDiKwbGfIY

From Rolling Stone:

"Ed Sheeran recruited Andrea Bocelli for an orchestral version of "Perfect," a song from his recent LP, Divide. The Italian classical-crossover star offers elegance to the ballad, belting in a robust vibrato over Sheeran's guitar arpeggios. The singers alternate lead vocals throughout the track, with Sheeran briefly crooning in Italian.

Sheeran's brother Matthew Sheeran, a classical composer, arranged the song. They recorded it around the same time as the original and later asked Bocelli to participate. The alternate version's vocals were recorded in Bocelli's home in Tuscany, Italy. In a behind-the-scenes studio video, the singers are in awe of each other's work. Bocelli sits in his chair, singing and gesturing like a conductor, while Sheeran seems utterly transfixed by his powerful voice.

Sheeran recently issued a "Perfect" remix featuring Beyoncé.

The singer-songwriter's first-ever North American stadium tour is set to kick off August 18th, 2018 in Pasadena, California."

Respected Contributor

Re: Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli "Perfect Symphony" w/video

@SusieQ_2

They played a bit of the video on TODAY this week.  Thursday night we saw Andrea Bocelli for the 17th time.  I've never heard him hit a bad note.

The video is great; thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

For fans of Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli ~

Just when it seemed Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" couldn't get any better; this happens. The video was shot in October in Tucany at Bocelli's home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDiKwbGfIY

From Rolling Stone:

"Ed Sheeran recruited Andrea Bocelli for an orchestral version of "Perfect," a song from his recent LP, Divide. The Italian classical-crossover star offers elegance to the ballad, belting in a robust vibrato over Sheeran's guitar arpeggios. The singers alternate lead vocals throughout the track, with Sheeran briefly crooning in Italian.

Sheeran's brother Matthew Sheeran, a classical composer, arranged the song. They recorded it around the same time as the original and later asked Bocelli to participate. The alternate version's vocals were recorded in Bocelli's home in Tuscany, Italy. In a behind-the-scenes studio video, the singers are in awe of each other's work. Bocelli sits in his chair, singing and gesturing like a conductor, while Sheeran seems utterly transfixed by his powerful voice.

Sheeran recently issued a "Perfect" remix featuring Beyoncé.

The singer-songwriter's first-ever North American stadium tour is set to kick off August 18th, 2018 in Pasadena, California."

@SusieQ_2, thank you so much for this, I am a huge Ed Sheeran fan and enjoyed this immensely! I showed it to my elderly mother who loves Andrea Bocelli, she enjoyed it too. You can tell how in awe Ed Sheeran is of the whole process.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2  That was absolutely beautiful.  I love Andrea's singing, and I honestly am not familiar with the other singer but I have seen him before.  That was a special treat.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Outstanding. Maybe one day I will see him. I saw Pavarotti on his final tour and that was a treat. 

Honored Contributor

Perfect !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the video! I have the song on repeat and can't seem to stop listening to it. It's really cutting into my Christmas music listening time, lol. 

I learned a couple (or three) things I thought were interesting that I hadn't known before. The first is that Ed Sheeran's brother is a classical composer and arranger. I guess that makes sense since musical talent often seems to run in families. The second was that there was a Beyonce duet which it turns out is also really good. And third, how about those Bocelli boys? What a good looking family!

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@SusieQ_2

They played a bit of the video on TODAY this week.  Thursday night we saw Andrea Bocelli for the 17th time.  I've never heard him hit a bad note.

The video is great; thanks for sharing.

@lulu1, I read that about the Today show but had already missed it. Boo!

Seventeen times? That's amazing! I guess you saw him at Madison Square Garden. Lucky you. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, I'm so happy you & your mom both enjoyed the video together. I agree, Ed seemed to be looking at Bocelli in amazement, but then, who could blame him. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!💓💓💓💓❤️❤️❤️❤️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Andrea is going to be in Seattle in June....but the decent seats  cost $600 plus.....I will not go and sit in cheap seats a mile away from the stage.  So I will not go.