Esteemed Contributor

Just an FYI.

"BBC Studios has decided to stop distributing the beloved serial drama EastEnders to PBS stations in the U.S."

The last air date in my market is Dec 11, 2021.

Trusted Contributor

Re: EastEnders is ending on PBS

I was watching them on PBS Saturday morning.  

Honored Contributor

Sad.  Was it another British murder mystery series?  There's quite a few of those.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Sad.  Was it another British murder mystery series?  There's quite a few of those.

@ValuSkr 

It's actually a British soap opera.  

Respected Contributor

@cotton4me   I did not know it was on PBS.  I watch it 4 nights a week on Britbox- always watched this soap since first day it started in U.K.

Main reason I subscribe to Britbox gotta have my Eastenders!   Lol.

Trusted Contributor

I have been watching this show for over 30 years. Even though it was 13 years behind current episodes. I guess I’ll have to sign up on Britbox😕
Respected Contributor

It's frustrating that each PBS station has such different programming. Eastenders has never been offered in my market. In fact many prime time programming offered elsewhere never makes it here.

My PBS station has four other sub channels. One devoted to child's programming. One devoted to "Create" cooking and crafts, other two are a wasteland. You would think they   could reach an agreement to rebroadcast some of their Masterpieces from the past.