Honored Contributor

Re: Early Kardashians TV episodes - what a difference a few years make!

@chickenbutt wrote:

Actually, Khloe has matured a LOT over the years.  She used to be just awful and always trying to embarrass others with her out of line behavior.   She was one that I didn't care for in the beginning, but she's changed for the good in a lot of ways.

I'm not on of the ones who hates this whole family, though.  It seems like the holier than thou types in reality tv are the ones who end up being so full of it, fake, and just plain horrible.  At least these people always acted like themselves.   Sure, there is drama thrown in here and there.    But none of them are hypocrites or set out to hurt and demean everybody who isn't like them.

I believe she has grown and has more of a loving heart to others than she used to have.  She still lets loose with her language but she has really tamed that down some too.  As far as her hair, I have wondered if she fell out of love with Lamar because she is so "in love" with her own hair.   Honestly I think she does still love him and probably always will.

All in all I think Khloe has matured more than the others.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I watched a few minutes of an episode today where the young Kardashian girl (the one who's now a model) turned 16 years old.

They had a big party for her.  Bruce (of course, playing Dad Dad) was so protective of her he hired body guards for the place.  It was so strange seeing him acting so masculine in this episode.

He was acting all macho in this episode.  It made me think about how confusing it must be for his two daughters.  It's always been very obvious to me that they really love their Dad and think of him as protecting them.  They often chose him over the Mother.  I think they moved (I know the older of the two did) in with him when he bought his own beach house.

My late husband was my girls' protector even after they married.   I never cared for any of the Kardashian stuff (that's what it is).  However, this episode made me think of how difficult it must have been for them.

Honored Contributor

Hey Annabelle!  Yeah, that is Kendall.  She is so stunning - with the perfect look and bod for modeling.  She has become quite successful in that field, so I'm glad for her.  She seems like a good kid.  I believe she's 19 or 20 now.

I never had kids so I can only imagine that it must be strange that the next thing you know they are all grown up.  Heck, I can hardly deal with the dog turning five this last July.  hehe  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My oldest daughter is now 42 years old!  I was thinking just last night (mentally adding up the years) that since I married at 19 I could have a child who was almost 50 years old!  Good grief!

This 42 year old daughter has 5 children (4 living) and looks like she's maybe 20.  She had on a shirt recently and I looked at it and said, "That looks familiar".  She said, "I wore it in high school".  Good grief!

I like Kendall.  In this episode, her Mom wanted her to have a party in some resort (maybe Bermuda) and she threw a fit and got her way and had one (a big one) with her friends in LA.

She's the only one who has worked hard and made a name for herself through her work.  She was just announced as a Victoria Secret Model.

Honored Contributor

Interesting thoughts, Annabelle!  Funny thing is that I was talking to a friend on the phone last night and since I turned 61 today I was saying how weird it feels that I could have had a kid at 20, who had a kid at 20, who could be 20 and have a kid and that would make me a great grandmother.

Holy heck, that just blows my mind.  I probably cannot relate to it, especially, because I never had kids to begin with so the whole thing is just like form another planet to me.  I can't even relate to being the age I am anyway, much less have a great grandkid.   Mind blown - completely.  Smiley Happy

I like Kendall, too.  She always seemed to be a pretty good kid growing up and has NOT, as of yet, seemed to have strayed into anything weird.  She's a hard worker.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Chicken.....my brain isn't big enough to go that far back.  It already hurts!

Happy Birthday......You are so lucky I'm not singing it to you.  I have a terrible voice.

Honored Contributor

Thanks!  I'm not such a good singer, either.  I ONLY do it in private - well, except for singing to the dog and bird.  I don't think they love it, but they tolerate it.  Smiley Happy