Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eagles Concert - This Sunday, July 5, on ESPN at 8 p.m.

@beach-mom 

Just wanted to thank you again for this notice.

I tuned in a bit after the concert started, and it was perfection.

Regular Contributor

ESPN is repeating the concert Tuesday at 8 pm.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @Scooty. I was just coming on to say that I am sorry I missed it, but I did get to see a James Taylor one from Fenway Park on Saturday. I have it on my list to watch on Tuesday.

Frequent Contributor

We saw them in 1980 at theYale Bowl along with Heart and Little River Band. Great concert! They were great then and still are. These guys are musicians, multi talented.

The addition of Vince and Deacon was unbelievable!Fantastic choice! We too wished it had fewer commercials

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman - YW! It's good to know we are all fans together! Can I speculate your screen name might have something to do with one of your favorite songs of theirs? Smiley Wink

We saw Don Henley and Stevie Nicks in concert too. That was amazing! Years ago I tried on a long flowy black skirt in a small boutique while we were on vacation. When I came out of the dressing room the SA told me I "looked just like Stevie Nicks." LOL! I didn't- but I bought the skirt! Smiley Wink

@Scooty - Thanks for the heads up about Tuesday. I DVR'd it, but will probably watch again! Can't get enough! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom 

Oh, I do love "Witchy Woman" and my birthday is Halloween, so I thought it was appropriate when selecting a screen name.

Did you see "Those Shoes" last night?  I'd never seen them perform it...it was a scorcher!   

Love Stevie, her clothes, her style, her voice...I read she and Don H. were an item for a while...not surprising.  If I had tried on that skirt and been likened to SN, I'd have bought it too. 

Right now, in a back closet, I have a woman's Victorian top hat with netting (like she often wears on stage).  I've just never had the nerve to wear it out of the house.

In my next life, I want to be a rock and roll diva! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman - What a great time to have a birthday! DD is the next day! I've been to a lot of their concerts, so I thought I must have heard "Those Shoes" before, but I'm not sure. Anyway- I can't think of one song I DON'T like. The beat on that one is great!

Stevie and Don have had an interesting history. They dated for two years and she got pregnant. Apparently Henley wanted to marry her, but she didn't want that. She ended her pregnancy. Despite her longtime history with Lindsey she calls Joe Walsh the love of her life! She dated him after breaking up with Henley. 

Seeing her in concert with these guys and the chemistry, I always wonder what their current wives think! She has said someday she will tell everything, but a while back she said they're all on "their third wives most under 30," and she said a lot of people would be hurt. Lindsey has said when asked, "There are all kinds of love." Smiley Happy

ETA: Your hat sounds gorgeous! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

CORRECTION - just wanted to clarify the concert is on tonight on ESPN2!

Regular Contributor

AND it’s on again on July 13 at 9Smiley Tonguem on ESPN.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Deacon Frey looks so much like his father.  He has a good voice too.

@Snoopp his stage presence is so much like Glenn too! I saw (& loved)  the ESPN show and will definitely watch it often.  I was also at this  concert (when it played in Detroit)  in 2018- there wasn't a dry eye in the house when he did a tribute to his Dad.