Honored Contributor

Re: EXCELLENT "FUGITIVE" EPISODE TONIGHT

@drizzellla The fugitive didnt have one arm (which your post made it sound like). He saw a one-armed man run from his home when he returned to it the night his wife was murdered. After he escaped from the train wreck en route to being executed for her murder, he starts pursuing the one-armed man thinking his only road to freedom is to catch the real killer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, yeah, @Pearlee ,  normally I'd be totally uninterested in any sort of sports theme too, but the boxing stuff in this episode is secondary; it's so much more about the relationships, the characters and the dilemmas they face, that I found it quite riveting...

@drizzellla,  you're very close--  except the one-armed man was not Dr. Kimble.  The one-armed guy was a criminal who killed Kimble's wife and got away, but circumstantial evidence pointed to Kimble himself and he got fingered for the murder.  He actually gets wrongly convicted, but escapes and the whole series is about him dodging Lt. Gerard, fleeing from place to place and trying to find the one-armed man.

I only discovered it later in reruns, but I remember my Mother loved it.  Your Mom probably thought it might be too adult and too scary for you at that age...

No, @mousiegirl ,  I never heard of that show-- how interesting!  Will have to look it up.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oznell. You never saw the original airing? I thought you had, including experiencing all the buzz and excitement around the 2-part finale!
It has a look always been my favorite show, and Janssen as Kimble still makes my heart go pitter patter. ❤ Janssen and Sir Paul, I'm still crushing on them both.
Honored Contributor

No, @Pearlee ,  it was my mother-- I distinctly remember her talking about it and loving it-- and she didn't follow many TV shows (other than her favorite soap, "The Edge of Night"! )  I didn't watch then, too young I think to be interested.

Later, long before the retro channels boomed, some local channel showed "Fugitive" episodes late at night, and I was immediately hooked!   It was "film noir" for TV.