Honored Contributor

EXCELLENT RITA HAYWORTH DOUBLE FEATURE TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

First, @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern is the familiar "Pal Joey" which movie fans here are well acquainted with:

Frank Sinatra is a bit of a nightclub louse, but both soignee Rita and naive Kim Novak are very susceptible to his dubious but magnetic charms...  Highly watchable, downbeat musical, and contains Rodgers' and Hart's brilliant, timeless anthem to older women in thrall with younger men, "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIpQggP0WvI

Then:

10:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Affair in Trinidad"  Rita Hayworth, Glenn Ford, Alexander Scourby, Juanita Moore, Steven Geray

Less frequently seen Vincent Sherman-directed suspenser, with Rita's and Glenn Ford's notable chemistry, smoldering and  "combusting" yet again!  She's a glam and enigmatic waif, a nightclub performer residing in Trinidad, and Glenn's her late husband's brother.  Both are shocked to learn of that individual's "suicide",  and both set out to learn the truth of their husband/brother's odd death...  Compelling characters, exotic intrigue and fun!

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/207110/Affair-in-Trinidad-Original-Trailer-.html

Trusted Contributor

Re: EXCELLENT RITA HAYWORTH DOUBLE FEATURE TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

DVR is set and ready to go! Affair In Trinidad is a new one for me and look forward to it! Thanks for the heads up! Glenn Ford and Rita Hayworth are a fantastic combination! 

"Gilda" comes to mind.....

Honored Contributor

Definitely, @TexasMom1.  And "Affair in Trinidad" not only reunites Columbia Studios alums Glenn and Rita, but also adorable Steven Geray.  Remember, he was the wise, funny men's room attendant who always affectionately scolded Glenn Ford in "Gilda"....

Honored Contributor

Interesting.  For total Ritamaniacs, I just noticed some other offerings tonight.  At 1:45 a.m. Eastern, there's "Fire Down Below", with Robert Mitchum and Jack Lemmon. 

Could be a dud, I haven't seen it.  But it does have Mitchum and Lemmon with Hayworth, which is sort of intriguing.  For what it's worth, here's TCM's description:

"A woman, (Rita Hayworth) without a passport divides West Indies smugglers (Robert Mitchum, Jack Lemmon), then a fire threatens to sink a freighter."

Honored Contributor

You gotta love the Lady’s a Tramp too!

Honored Contributor

Oh, another great one, @OKPrincess!   Rodgers and Hart are my absolute favorite popular music composers, right up there with Cole Porter, and Gershwin in my book!

Honored Contributor

Pal Joey is one of my faves, love the music and the beautiful SF backdrop. Novak did say in her 2014 TCM interview that Sinatra was very disrespectful to her and Rita on the set.