Respected Contributor

Please know that in replying to you, I am not in any way trying to invalidate your feelings about the kids or their mother.  Everything you wrote is absolutely true, and you are entitled to feel whatever you feel about the kids and every other character on the show.  

I am fascinated by the children's behavior on the show, rather than put off by it, as we all know about those sad TV shows where parents agree to have their children tricked to see if they will actually talk to strangers when they (the parents) are not around to actually stop them from doing it.  So many times, even though kids know they are not supposed to talk to strangers, or text with strangers, they just do it, anyway, and it could be to their great harm.  I think this show (Evil) is like a lesson to parents in a subliminal way.  We all think (or want to think) our own kids are very different somehow, and will do the right thing 100% of the time, rather than the obviously wrong thing, but when you add in other kids (or even other adults) into the dynamic, along with AI or internet connected devices, the dynamic changes drastically, and very different actions are taken. 

In my own life experience, I witnessed with my own eyes what one sociopathic, potentially psychopathic, neighborhood kid did to my kids and to other kids in town.  The neighborhood kids did not expect that kind of "evil" in their midst, and the parents with nannies were in blissful ignorance about that child and her enjoyment in physically hurting other kids, but because I was right there, I witnessed it several times and I had to take action where no one else would -- all to protect my children.  I did communicate with other parents about what I saw, but they, too, refused to believe that a beautiful blonde haired, blue-eyed child could behave the way she did. (Thankfully, that child and her parents moved away.  Can you guess the number of their house address?) 

But, back to Evil. While the kids in Evil are behaving in badly, I do not find it unexpected when children are pushed by a bad child to do something or say something they would not otherwise do or say, even if doing that makes them feel way out of their comfort zone.  Today's kids are no different.  Kids lie about vaping, and about doing drugs, and about texting strangers, and so many other things.  We need to watch them like a hawk.  In my opinion, the grandmother is not doing these kids any favors by being distracted by Townsend on the phone, or ignoring them once she gives them a sophisticated AI toy to play with on their own without her being present, and she is the one I blame for giving those AI goggles to the kids in the first place.  Why didn't the grandmother know what those goggles could do, and that they were even hooked up to the internet where all four of her rather young granddaughters could interact with total strangers?  (I equate those goggles with the Smartphones and those DS gaming toys that parents just give to their kids without any oversight or thought after purchasing them.)

I enjoy reading about everyone's thoughts, positive or negative. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think I have ever seen The Entity, but now that you have mentioned it, perhaps I will find a way to see it.

Years ago, when two movies came out back to back (The Amityville Horror and Alien), I remember how it was The Amityville Horror that gave me a nightmare and not Alien, because the setting in an actual house on Long Island was way more scary to me than happenings in space, so many millions of miles away.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born  "Can you guess the number of their house address?) "

666?

"I don't think I have ever seen The Entity, but now that you have mentioned it, perhaps I will find a way to see it."

The Enitity docu is on YouTube which the movie was based on......

The Entity. The Doris Bither story

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Good guess, @Mz iMac , but the number was 13!

I will go and check out that documentary on Doris Bither.  Thanks--- I think!

Honored Contributor

OT -

Did you know that houses with the number 13 or have 13 as part of the full number , for instance 613 or 1713, then those houses usually sell for less than other houses without that number 13?

Respected Contributor

How is it possible that no one here is commenting about the "firey" ending scene of last night's episode?  That no one has brought that scene up, here, is even more shocking to me than the scene I am referencing.  

It was a wild and crazy show last night for sure! I loved it-- including the choice of clothing in the closet!  What is going to become of Sheryl, now?  I look forward to finding out in the weeks ahead.

Honored Contributor

'A woman in a red dress is the devil in disguise.'  I think Leland has turned Sheryl into a devil and may use her to do more of his evil deeds. That burning bed scene was something! It may have represented Sheryl's completed transformation to a devil. Now she's going to have to lie her way back into her daughter, Kristin's life...that is if Kristin will accept her.

Honored Contributor

I love, love this show!  I've watched it since the beginning.  

I believe in all of this stuff.  You can't go to a psychic like I do and my family does and not believe in the devil, etc.

My family are all Catholic so this hits close to home for all of us.  Ha!

I would love to meet the person responsible for hiring these people to do this show.

The actors are perfect (especially the evil one)...he always plays a weird guy.

The enemble is wonderful.  They are so believable together.

I still don't get it.....where is her husband...is he in the military somewhere?

How did she manage to get so many little girls so close in age?  Seems strange.

I'm always doing one or two things while watching TV.  I fast forward over all commercials (I DVR all shows), so maybe(?) I miss a few things....

I'm so glad other's here are talking about this show.  I hope it gets renewed because there are so many avenues to explore here......

With me, the combination of having a Catholic family, several go to psychics, a raised by a Grandma who was American Indian (the stories (tales) she'd tell me were ummm...interesting.....well, it's a bit all over the place.  Ha!

This show just feeds into it.  

@MoJoV I'm kinda like you about regular TV.  However, I have found there are more and more shows I enjoy on 'regular' TV these days.

TV programs have really come a long way; especially compared to what they used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I love, love this show!  I've watched it since the beginning.  

I believe in all of this stuff.  You can't go to a psychic like I do and my family does and not believe in the devil, etc.

My family are all Catholic so this hits close to home for all of us.  Ha!

I would love to meet the person responsible for hiring these people to do this show.

The actors are perfect (especially the evil one)...he always plays a weird guy.

The enemble is wonderful.  They are so believable together.

I still don't get it.....where is her husband...is he in the military somewhere?

How did she manage to get so many little girls so close in age?  Seems strange.

I'm always doing one or two things while watching TV.  I fast forward over all commercials (I DVR all shows), so maybe(?) I miss a few things....

I'm so glad other's here are talking about this show.  I hope it gets renewed because there are so many avenues to explore here......

With me, the combination of having a Catholic family, several go to psychics, a raised by a Grandma who was American Indian (the stories (tales) she'd tell me were ummm...interesting.....well, it's a bit all over the place.  Ha!

This show just feeds into it.  

@MoJoV I'm kinda like you about regular TV.  However, I have found there are more and more shows I enjoy on 'regular' TV these days.

TV programs have really come a long way; especially compared to what they used to be.

Hi @Annabellethecat66 , I always enjoy your posts so much that I hesitated to say this, lest you think I'm criticizing you for seeing psychics.  I'm not - doesn't matter to me one way or the other.  But... I really didn't want non-Catholics who read your post to think that seeing psychics is considered ok in Catholic doctrine.  It's a big no-no as far as the church is concerned.  Again, not my business one way or the other, but given that there are enough misconceptions out there about the Catholic Church, I didn't want to see another one added.  As far as the show, I've never watched it because I'm afraid it will give me nightmares!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags  Don’t ever apologize for voicing your beliefs; and I don’t take it personally.

I mentioned the Catholic connection because of the show.

You see, I was christened Catholic and baptized Baptist, so technically I’m a bit of a mutt.  I went to church every Sunday morning and evening and church every Wednesday (Baptist).

Then the Catholic side of me, well I went to church and catechism......

I know all about religions and do’s and don’ts, believe me.

My mother went to church (Catholic every day).  She’s the same person who saw psychics, etc.

Again, never apologize for what you think might hurt someone’s feelings if you really feel some way; and if you are coming from a good place, people will...or should understand.

It’s obvious that you were talking with a kind heart.  

I don’t apologize for my ideas or beliefs either; just as I don’t try to convince others to think/feel the same way I do.

Take care and have a good weekend.😀