Respected Contributor

I finally got to see last night's show.  That George devil person.  Yikes!  I wish he would go on a permanent vacation off screen already, but I have a feeling that he won't. 

I see nothing redeeming about Michael Emerson's character who is completely EVIL!  Perhaps the show was named after the part he plays in it?  He is such a fine actor, it is hard to handle seeing him play this particular part so well.  In TV interviews, he comes across as a lovely person. Maybe Mr. Townsend will get hit on the head with a tree branch and turn into a nice angelic kind of person due to amnesia in Season Two.  One can only hope.  (Just kidding, but not entirely.)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wanna try those hallucinogenic drugs that makes you levitate from your bed while seeing souls circling around a bright whitish orange light.runaway.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I wanna try those hallucinogenic drugs that makes you levitate from your bed while seeing souls circling around a bright whitish orange light.runaway.gif

That was really strange...his connection to God through drugs. Must have taken lessons from Timothy Leary.

Honored Contributor

So far. I really like it!  I don't know any of the actors besides the pscho guy with the glasses.  

Speaking of evil, I am also enjoying Prodigal Son.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Shelbelle ....I thought I recognized him.  

Honored Contributor

I gave it about fifteen minutes, wasn't remotely wowed by the cast, found it boring and moved on... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I gritted my teeth through the first episode (the flashbacks to the serial killer's murders were horrible and not neccessary, imho) and hoped the second would be less icky, for want of a better word.  I watched half ot it last night, fast forwarded to the end, deleted the episode, and removed the series from my DVR schedule.  I found nothing good enough in the characters or acting to redeem the horrible storyline.  The evil extant in the real world is bad enough without watching invented evil on television!

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP  I have to say that I do not disagree with anything you wrote.  I am not sure this show is something I can watch regularly.  The world is dark enough without making it any darker.  I vastly prefer uplifting movies and television now that I have reached my current age.

Trusted Contributor

I will give it one more try after episode where priest uses drugs and see what happens.  Thought that was a bit unnecessary.

Will see what is next and decide.

Thanks for all of the viewpoints here.

Esteemed Contributor

I decided not to continue with this show.