Honored Contributor

EVE ARDEN MARATHON THURSDAY 6:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

MV5BMjIxMzQzMjU1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjExOTkxOA@@._V1_.jpg

Starting at 6:15 a.m. Eastern with the Joan Crawford soaper, "Goodbye My Fancy",  and going straight through to the comic frolic, "Our Miss Brooks" at 6:00 p.m. Eastern.  Please see full schedule linked below.

An enduring, one-of-a-kind talent, I love the sardonic, quirky comedienne with-the-quavering-voice best in her Forties' movie incarnation as the funny, smart second banana, best friend, often to the suffering heroine...

And they've pulled two of her best film noirs for the marathon:

10:00 a.m. Eastern--  "The Unfaithful".   Ann Sheridan, Zachary Scott, Eve Arden, Lew Ayres.      It's Ann Sheridan who goes to trial for ostensibly killing a lover, but Eve's there as the wry, gossipy cousin to Ann's hubby, dreamy Zachary Scott.  Eve plays, at first, a kind of "frenemy" to Ann, but tips her hand as a really good egg in the end.  And she gets to have the most fab apartment with an L.A. view in this!

3:45 p.m. Eastern--  "Mildred Pierce".   Joan Crawford, Ann Blyth, Zachary Scott, Jack Carson.    Joan survives family tragedy to build a restaurant empire and raise an ungrateful daughter.   Eve, with her sharp, "best friend" insights and zesty zingers, is my favorite thing in this, next to Zachary Scott, of course.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2020-04-30

Honored Contributor

Re: EVE ARDEN MARATHON THURSDAY 6:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

2 good ones!! Great character actress!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you!  Will be watching.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @Oznell Wouldn't re-runs of "Our Miss Brooks" be fun?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

MV5BMjIxMzQzMjU1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjExOTkxOA@@._V1_.jpg

Starting at 6:15 a.m. Eastern with the Joan Crawford soaper, "Goodbye My Fancy",  and going straight through to the comic frolic, "Our Miss Brooks" at 6:00 p.m. Eastern.  Please see full schedule linked below.

An enduring, one-of-a-kind talent, I love the sardonic, quirky comedienne with-the-quavering-voice best in her Forties' movie incarnation as the funny, smart second banana, best friend, often to the suffering heroine...

And they've pulled two of her best film noirs for the marathon:

10:00 a.m. Eastern--  "The Unfaithful".   Ann Sheridan, Zachary Scott, Eve Arden, Lew Ayres.      It's Ann Sheridan who goes to trial for ostensibly killing a lover, but Eve's there as the wry, gossipy cousin to Ann's hubby, dreamy Zachary Scott.  Eve plays, at first, a kind of "frenemy" to Ann, but tips her hand as a really good egg in the end.  And she gets to have the most fab apartment with an L.A. view in this!

3:45 p.m. Eastern--  "Mildred Pierce".   Joan Crawford, Ann Blyth, Zachary Scott, Jack Carson.    Joan survives family tragedy to build a restaurant empire and raise an ungrateful daughter.   Eve, with her sharp, "best friend" insights and zesty zingers, is my favorite thing in this, next to Zachary Scott, of course.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2020-04-30

@Oznell   Eve has always been a favorite of mine, have the entire Our Miss Brooks series, the movie, Mildred Pierce, and The Unfaithful on DVD.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of the "character" actors/actresses made the stars great and put some great moments in their movies.  My beloved John Wayne used a lot of the same character actors in his films and they were my favorites.  Strother Martin my favorite of all times.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Eve Arden in Our Miss Brooks as I did Ann Sothern's TV series.  They were similar in their comedy and remind me of each other.  Eve and Ann weren't your top movie stars in comparison to some but they were entertaining and contributed much to the world of TV and movies.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, another vote for "Our Miss Brooks", @vsm !   At one point, MeTV was running them, in the VERY wee hours (maybe on the weekend, not sure), but then it stopped.  I loved all Miss Brooks' machinations re the elusive "Mr. Boynton",  and other characters like nutty landlady "Mrs. Davis" and squeaky voiced "Walter Denton".   It's a wonder Richard Crenna ended up with his rich, resonant adult actor's voice, after the beating he gave it as "Walter".....

Honored Contributor

Eve Arden and Agnes Moorehead, great actresses.  I am amazed at how many movies both of these actresses are in.  I enjoy both of them.  In fact one of the funniest shows on bewitched was when Tabatha was born and Eve Arden was the nurse.  It's hysterical.