Esteemed Contributor

I think DH and I watched a couple episodes of ER when it was on years ago.  I never got into it.

There is a channel running back to back episodes from 6am thru 12noon Mon thru Fri.  Somehow I got watching it and have been recording it.  I think I came in during season 10 or 11. Finished all that, it started season 1 last week, so I'm playing catch up.

I will say, Eriq La Salle's character is a total jerk.  His ego and attitude as a surgeon reminds me of my ortho surgeon.

Did anyone watch it way back when or catching up like me?

I think ER is like Law and Order, everyone actor was on it at one time or another.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I have to politely disagree. I watched it from day 1 and loved it. Here on my Dish setup it's on POP 117 every day for 6 hours and I record most of them.

Peter Benton was a very complex person. If you haven't watch all the episodes I can see why you think he's a jerk. He had a soft and caring side that came out when you don't expect it. He had a very deep and caring relationship with John Carter as it developed through the years.

I don't know if you've seen the episodes after Carter was almost killed by a maniac patient but Benton was there with him all the time. When Carter got addicted to his pain meds and had to go to rehab, Benton took him and the interplay between the two of them was quite touching.

There are many scenes that really do show a different side of Peter. I've always liked Eriq La Salle as an actor.

Currently I have 30 episodes on my DVR and tons more set to record. I never really liked John Stamos in the later seasons. He just can't act and his whole persona was just fake, to me.

Respected Contributor

It was must see TV for me for many, many seasons.  Then, I just lost interest.  It was some time around when they were all adopting orphan babies.  That story line just seemed a bit unbelieveable, even for this show, and I wasn't interested in watching the characters become parents.  Shrug.  Next!

Respected Contributor

I could never get into ER either.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it back in the day for several years. I never finished it because I am a viewer that hates a lot of change in characters. I think I stopped shortly around the time that Anthony Edwards left the show.

I did the same thing with NCIS I loved the show, but when all of the characters that I had become attached to ( I know weird) left the show I was just not interested anymore. I believe I checked out of that one around the time that Ziva left. 

I am not sure if you have Amazon Prime, but I believe they have all of the ER seasons available for viewing for free.

I still believe that it was one of the best Medical shows that I have ever watched. 

I have tried to get into a lot of Medical shows that have come out in the last few years, but too many of them do not have that sharp edge intensity that ER had, and quite frankly they are all just big time night soap operas. (smile)

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat I've watched every episode at least 5 times in the last few years and from the start and don't remember any time when they were all adopting orphan babies! What episodes are you talking about?

Jeannie did adopt a baby and later married Reggie.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Suzeecat I've watched every episode at least 5 times in the last few years and from the start and don't remember any time when they were all adopting orphan babies! What episodes are you talking about?

I don't exactly remember which season, but it was at the end of one season when a bunch of orphan babies came into the hospital and every dr. was sent home with one, if I remember correctly.  When the new season started, I just had no interest in seeing what became of them.  Maybe the story line faded away, but they lost me there. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat Gosh I don't remember that at all so obviously it went nowhere. I know none of the regular cast doctors had adopted any babies.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I don't remember that either.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think DH and I watched a couple episodes of ER when it was on years ago.  I never got into it.

There is a channel running back to back episodes from 6am thru 12noon Mon thru Fri.  Somehow I got watching it and have been recording it.  I think I came in during season 10 or 11. Finished all that, it started season 1 last week, so I'm playing catch up.

I will say, Eriq La Salle's character is a total jerk.  His ego and attitude as a surgeon reminds me of my ortho surgeon.

Did anyone watch it way back when or catching up like me?

I think ER is like Law and Order, everyone actor was on it at one time or another.

I cannot imagine having a doctor like your surgeon. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky