Valued Contributor

Re: ER - Begins Tomorrow on Pop

I watched the series from beginning to end, and loved it. However, I loved it a tiny bit less after Anthony Edwards and George Clooney were gone. Thank you for the news about the reruns! (I'm wanting to watch St. Elsewhere again; I hope someone will give me that news someday!)

P.S. The only good thing about Dr. Mark Green's death was hearing Iz's version of 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' for the first time. I went right out and bought the CD!

Honored Contributor

Yikes, the episode when the doctor lost his arm to the helicopter?!?!?'

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35

@Shelbelle

Of course I'm now completely caught up in the series again and I watched my DVR'd episode (Love's Labor Lost) last night.

One word: Harrowing.  No wonder that episode has stuck with you all these years.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle@VaBelle35@just bee

"Love's Labor Lost" was on yesterday and will be re-broadcast today at 5:12 PM CDT.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Shelbelle@VaBelle35@just bee

"Love's Labor Lost" was on yesterday and will be re-broadcast today at 5:12 PM CDT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love%27s_Labor_Lost_(ER)

This episode won 5 Emmy Awards.

Honored Contributor

Tique, many thanks for the alert, will try to see it or some of it.

Honored Contributor

Just saw the episode, what I still cant understand is where was this womann's regular OB, she was due in 2 weeks, she had to have a regular OB, no mention of he or she , was there?  I also remember when I discussed it years ago with my OB, he said in reality this woman would never have been kept in the ER all that time, would have gone up to maternity.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been DVRing and watching every episode and all I can think is that this might have been the best series on television.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Occasional Contributor

Is there any method to how they're airing shows? One day it's season 2  and another day it's season 6. Also, does anybody remember which episode it was when Dr. Greene was dying? He was at home trying to stand up and fell in the floor. He couldn't move his arm. I don't think that was his last appearance but close.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

My fave episode came in the first season where a baby was delivered in the ER and the mother died, so sad from preclampsyia. , left such an impact, I never forgot it, I remember I even discussed it with my OB GYN and he said after it aired he got lots of calls from his pregnant patients about what happend. I think it was titled, Love's Labor Lost.

@Shelbelle - Anthony Edwards has said many times that this was his favorite episode. I remember it too. I never missed an episode. There are too many I liked to pick a favorite - a lot of guest stars. I loved the interaction between Dr. Benton (Eriq LaSalle) and John Carter (Noah Wyle). Dr. Benton was so hard on Dr. Carter, but later on we saw the softer side between the two of them. Smiley Happy