Honored Contributor

ENTERTAINMENT instead of "TV and Movies"?

[ Edited ]

Lately I've seen posts wondering about where to post about things such as music or podcasts, etc.

Since we already know that the moderators have told us there won't be another forum added, what does everyone think about changing this forum title to "Entertainment" instead of "TV and Movies"?

Under "Entertainment" could be threads about music, concerts, podcasts, county fairs, live theater, Broadway shows, national touring companies, art shows, and much more.

Thoughts?

ETA:

I posted this only after reading complaints by people who seemed to feel they were shut out of posting because they could not find the right forum. 

It doesn't matter to me what this forum is called.  

But now I'm curious about where all those who seemed to want a more all-encompassing forum have gone.  It looks like perhaps it really doesn't matter to those folks anymore either.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: ENTERTAINMENT instead of "TV and Movies"?

Works for me!!

Honored Contributor

I’m the person that suggested changing the name of the sub forum. The title, “Entertainment” is perfect. Thanks for the idea. I am hoping someone can pass your suggestion along.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like a plan!

Respected Contributor

I love it! "TV and Movies" is too limiting.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I also posted a request a couple of days ago (in Customer Care) to the mods to ask them to gauge response from those requesting a broader category.  It's up to them whether they make any changes.

Respected Contributor

I like it the way it is. You have Community Chat for any topic you chose within guidelines.

Honored Contributor

People post non-TV and movie entertainment items here all the time. Personally, I'm not sure it really matters what the forum is called so long as we know the intent.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I posted this only after reading complaints by people who seemed to feel they were shut out of posting because they could not find the right forum. 

It doesn't matter to me what this forum is called.  

But now I'm curious about where all those who seemed to want a more all-encompassing forum have gone.  It looks like perhaps it really doesn't matter to those folks anymore either.

Honored Contributor

I doubt they're going to either rename a forum or provide a new forum.

They do the least they can to this board.  There are other issues that need to be dealt with before creating a new category, IMO