Super Contributor

"MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU CLASS"..........that "famous" song that we heard many times!--also what I want to say is this--if they don't have a good "story line" they won't be asked to come back for another season--so they had better put on a good "show" if they want the $$$$$$$$$ ---------------marynj

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

I started giving up on the " Housewives" one by one about 2 years

ago ... for .. the reasons stated here ....I think the depiction of woman

on these shows is demeaning .. I just couldn't take the screaming 

and yelling

Me too, Orange county was the first show I gave up, then the rest.  A lot of these women are not married yet they are still called housewives. They give housewives a bad name. These women seem to have money yet I do not see them do anything constructive.  Atlanta housewives over dress for everything.  I got tired of watching women who were mad at each other and everyone putting together some huge trip so these women could talk or some fancy dinner party, it just got ridiculous.  Last time I checked housewives are taking care of their families not having lunch and fighting in restaurants lol

Honored Contributor

Re: ENOUGH BRAVO HOUSEWIVES

[ Edited ]

I don't know but I might be ready to give up on the NY franchise, as I've given up on the others, though I never watched all of them. I've seen two episodes of NY this season and while I've recorded them all, I've not even bothered to watch them. Maybe I will at some point. Maybe right now the added angst, fake though it is, just isn't a draw, I don't know, but I'm in no hurry to watch them. I also think the show needs a complete overhaul and several of the current 'stars' need to move on. I'm talking about you Ramona and Tinsley, maybe Sonja too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@CalminHeart   I used to think the over the top jewelry, handbags, homes, their destination vacations were escapes & entertaining, too. Now, in this economic explosion of closed businesses and so many people out of work, it's just bad taste IMHO. 

agree but it was filmed way before the "current situation" 

and I think they won't be back to filming in NYC soon 

And even if it weren't, this isn't a factor for me. Their materialistic 'excess' doesn't bother me. In fact it's one of the few things I still find entertaining about the show. I guess I'm just not that 'sensrtive' or 'PC' Smiley Wink... The whole 'bad reflection on women' thing isn't a factor for me either... When I watch, I watch to be entertained, not uplifted... And I'm surely not seeking role models...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the Housewives of NJ when it started because I'm from NJ and was familiar with the locals and it's fun to see places you've been on TV especially after you move away.  Then it became embarrassing so I stopped.  Never watched any of the other spin offs.

Honored Contributor

I've never believed that any of these women were really friends outside of the show.  Maybe a couple but that was very, very rare.  You could tell that when none of them ever knew what any of the others had been doing when they weren't filming and they were all just seeing each other for the first time in months.  They may have known each other for years but friends?  No.

I'm pretty okay until things get too raunchy for my taste or they start getting physical with each other.  That's one reason I gave up on Atlanta.  When they started putting their hands on each other, I was out.  

I didn't watch NYC last night.  I forget it's on but it does DVR so when I have a chance, I watch it.  However, I have found that I really don't much care if I see it or not.  I have no desire to watch these women over indulge in alcohol and just behave stupidly.      

Trusted Contributor

As someone with a mouth like a truck driver I was thinking that at this point these ladies are just too old to be so trashy. I'm not ever offended by any language but when the entire idea is to be shocking it's a bit much. C'mon at 60 some of these ladies need to get a grip. I think the only one I've seen who might be fairly normal in real life is Dorinda. I don't think she's really come to terms with her husband dying though. 

Respected Contributor

I used to watch these shows but gave up on them about a year ago.  All they seem to do is take paid for luxury vacations, drink and fight.  Got boring.

Respected Contributor

I live for my housewives! I thought the NY ladies were hilarious this week, I was laughing my butt off! It's pure escapism. Gets my mind off the troubles of the world. I need more shows like this that lighten things up. I don't take it seriously in the slightest. I look at it as a different form of soap opera.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sonja portrays herself as lacking intelligence. She didn't understand her business. She seemed to be surprised her business was loosing money. How can someone want to show that side on TV; no matter how much money she is paid.

She was at lunch with the women and her hand was shaking because she was on a liquid diet. Yet, when they brought out her soup she was eating crackers. I just don't understand how she manages in real life.

By the way, she is going to be on Worst Cooks in America, Celebrity Edition. It should be interesting.