Honored Contributor

I watched another hour of screaming and insults last night on NY Housewives wondering why are these women still friends? Housewives of BH is just as bad...evil rumors, talking behind eachother's backs and false accusations. Friends for many years?

I had given up on all the other Housewive shows and now I think these two have also bit the dust for me. Maybe it's the general tension and lack of patience I have had over the last few months, but I doubt it. There really needs to be some kindness between people, especially "friends". 

Honored Contributor

The Housewives shows make me laugh. I often shake my head.  Having money doesn't mean people have brains, class, and integrity.  

Their sense of entitlement is seen everywhere, no matter the economic status.  It's easy to see this same behavior in people where we work, shop, or go.

I watch just a few of the shows on Bravo including a couple of Housewives.  To me, tv is an escape from everyday stresses.  They make me laugh and appreciate my life more, though I'll never have that kind of money.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart   I used to think the over the top jewelry, handbags, homes, their destination vacations were escapes & entertaining, too. Now, in this economic explosion of closed businesses and so many people out of work, it's just bad taste IMHO. 

Honored Contributor

Good for you, @Shanus .  I used to watch a few of them sporadically, "for fun" and for the clothes and interiors.  But I don't believe those things outweigh the low, treacherous, venial, preening and tasteless behavior that is showcased.  Scripted or not, I don't want to be subjected to seeing the worst of humanity put on display.  

I've said before, the end of it for me was the camera lingering over a drunken, out of control Luann, stumbling and falling and being depicted in a heartless fashion, devoid of dignity.  That's only a tiny example of the creepy wallowing in squalor that these shows depict.  And the encouragement of fighting, even physical fighting, among the women for "ratings" is reminiscent of Maury Povich, just dressed up a bit more.

No redeeming value for me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CalminHeart   I used to think the over the top jewelry, handbags, homes, their destination vacations were escapes & entertaining, too. Now, in this economic explosion of closed businesses and so many people out of work, it's just bad taste IMHO. 

agree but it was filmed way before the "current situation" 

and I think they won't be back to filming in NYC soon 

Respected Contributor

I started giving up on the " Housewives" one by one about 2 years

ago ... for .. the reasons stated here ....I think the depiction of woman

on these shows is demeaning .. I just couldn't take the screaming 

and yelling

Respected Contributor

I don't know wether Andy Cohen or Bravo is to blame .. but someone

thinks its O.K. ....

Respected Contributor

And I can add to my list .. Basketball Wives and Love and Hip Hop ....

the women on these shows are not portrayed well either ....

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I used to watch the NY & NJ group years ago. I stopped at one point because I found it boring to watch grown women constantly fighting over petty things.  They may have a lot of money, nice homes & clothes, etc. but their lives look boring & unfulfilling to me....I had to stop watching.

I can't believe that they are still on!

Valued Contributor

I can't believe that smart itelligent women watch any of this garbage.