Esteemed Contributor

I am down to just watching BH.  Not must see TV, but still DVR it.   I have only ever watched NY, OC and BH.  So far I don't find any of this group to be as obnoxious as those on OC and NY.

Honored Contributor

I think the shows were better when they first started and don't believe many of them are real friends outside the show.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I live for my housewives! I thought the NY ladies were hilarious this week, I was laughing my butt off! It's pure escapism. Gets my mind off the troubles of the world. I need more shows like this that lighten things up. I don't take it seriously in the slightest. I look at it as a different form of soap opera.

you know me @Grouchomarx .....i am still with them.

i watch them all, but my least favorite now is the NJ group.

have been watching from day one and the shows have definitely changed, but you are right.....it is pure escapism. i watch and i dont need to learn anything and i dont need to be like any of them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I stopped watching them long ago.  I only watched one to begin with (Beverly HIlls)  but got to be too much.  These women are not even friends.  They barely know each other.  They audition and got hired. You still have to audition for realty shows.  You have to able to create drama and improvise.  No scripts, but a situation is created.  Trips, shopping, eating out, etc. Most of them are filled with passe actors, would be actors or fringe actors (Models, etc)  They should have some kind of decent income.  Some are very wealthy. Lisa Vanderpump  or some upper middle class. Depending how washed up the actor is. Although the title is Beverly Hills, most don't live there.  Beverly Hills is old and in decline.  Really wealthy live in Pacific Palisades, Cameo Shores, Bel Air & Newport . Wardrobe is provided. Nobody wants to see poor people. They get paid, so the income doesn't fizzle out.  Real life drama for the actor are a no no.  But if one goes to prison,etc they are written out.

Respected Contributor

I've watched them all, including Miami - remember them?  Atlanta was the first one I gave up on.  When Kendra's little dog was killed that was it for me.  And I just couldn't relate to their goings on so I gave up that one quite easily.

Miami only ran for a couple of seasons.  I also quit watching Dallas pretty easily.  Couldn't relate to them either, although now I hear Luanne won't be back, maybe it will be better.  But I've no interest in them.

I thought I could give up on BH, but with TV being what it is right now, I must be desperate so I caught up with BH On Demand and will continue to watch.  I watch the OC, NJ, NYC as well.  Are there any others?  Woman Tongue

And then of course I have my other Bravo shows - Below Deck and all its incarnations, Vanderpump Rules and I think that about covers it.

I too agree the HW's are like a modern day soap opera only badly acted and not as well put together. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I still watch and have to admit they are more interesting (to me) than most of what is currently on TV. 

I know it is not all real and most are not friends off of the show but it is entertainment for me later at night when work is done and I just want some not so serious TV to watch after the hubby goes to bed.

I do dislike and wish they would get rid of  the drunken fiascos, fighting, and repetitious story lines.

I no longer watch Dallas and Atlanta. I like Below Deck but don't care for the Sailing Show. I also watch Vanderpump Rules, Shahs of Sunset, and WWHL.

Honored Contributor

I watch them all except for Dallas, and I enjoy them somewhat....They were better when they first started because back then they showed what you thought were a group of women who were all friends getting together for dinners, and parties and occasionally trips.....you saw them having fun, getting into mischief and an occasional small argument, now they have escalated into huge fights, horrible drunken behavior, and most are not really "friends", they only see each other when filming.

I will someday get tired of these shows and when I do I will simply stop watching! For now, they are mindless entertainment...

They are also not the only type of shows that I watch, I do watch a variety of different programming! 

Honored Contributor

I think all of Bravo's extensive line of reality shows are getting a bit long in the tooth... Most of them seem to be trying too hard but losing whatever mystique they might once have had. As mentioned too, I think that faced with a pretty challenging 'real life', I'm finding the added angst isn't a draw. For me. These shows don't seem to be offering the 'escapist' entertainment they once did... Who knows, maybe that will change... I've always enjoyed the RHONY and would like to again... As also noted, some casting changes, too, might make a difference... I've pretty much moved away from all of the other Bravo shows, as many of them just began to seem very redundant and several of them seemed to have pretty lame seasons last time I watched...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...