Valued Contributor

Re: EMMA THOMPSON AND HUGH GRANT, FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell wrote:

Good point, @Sooner ,  at first l felt it was a bit of a 'chronological' shame that Emma Thompson was older than Elinor in this.  But her conception of the role won me over,  especially after that tour de force scene near the end when all her defenses collapse and she breaks down crying great gallumphing sobs (in public, horrors),  upon hearing that Edward Farrars is free, after all.  

It's a favorite ~ I have the DVD ~ but do watch it whenever it appears on TCM (I'm pretty sure it's currently on Amazon Prime too. 

As for Persuasion ~ this version  has got to be my absolute favorite movie of all time ~ it is perfection. Even though I own both the DVD and the streaming video (via Amazon), I will confess that I watched it again the other day via the TCM app. 

I hope those of you that haven't seen this one will get a chance to watch it (still available via the app) ~ you can't be disappointed in the stars ~ Ciarán Hinds and Amanda Root are excellent. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EMMA THOMPSON AND HUGH GRANT, FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Thank you @Oznell @I set my DVR up and watched it earlier this evening having pizza and wine !   I  So enjoyed the movie ,  can't beileve I never saw it before.   Hugh a Grant who I love in everything was wonderful as always .   I particularly liked Kate Winslet as well ,  so beautiful and talented .  At first I couldn't place Alan Rickman then I realized !   Yes!   Harry Potter and Love  Actually ,  one of my favorites !!!   Loved Hugh Grsnt in that movie especially! 

@Kitty Galore  Emma Thompson was Hugh's sister and Rickman's wife in Love Actually so it was like old hoe week for those three.

Watching the film again the other night I thought Winslet has had a nose job since then.

@Pearlee   Ya know now that you say that I think your right , her nose is different.  Actually I like her nose in S&S.  Either way though she is a pretty women .  Her skin was beautiful in this movie as it was in Titanic.   

I know I thought the same with the actors being in live actually as well !  Love that movie and watch it every couple of months 😺