Honored Contributor

ELVIS PRESLEY January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977

May be an image of 1 person, playing a musical instrument and guitar

I am certain there are Elvis fans on this board who are more ardent than I, so please forgive me for posting before you.  Since this is the day he died 45 years ago, I thought a reminder of his passing needs to be posted.

How I love his rendition of "Amazing Grace" with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgG63MCa0I

QVC Customer Care

Re: ELVIS PRESLEY January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977

@golding76 wrote:

May be an image of 1 person, playing a musical instrument and guitar

I am certain there are Elvis fans on this board who are more ardent than I, so please forgive me for posting before you.  Since this is the day he died 45 years ago, I thought a reminder of his passing needs to be posted.

How I love his rendition of "Amazing Grace" with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgG63MCa0I

My Mom, sister and I were fortunate to see him in concert when I was young, still love all his music!!!

Honored Contributor

So sad he died so young. He really was an amazing performer and artist. One of a kind...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan-QVC   You said: " My Mom, sister and I were fortunate to see him in concert when I was young, still love all his music!!!                      '

You were so fortunate to see him in person!

Honored Contributor

Elvis was a phenomenal talent.  He was born to entertain.  My dear, late brother idolized Elvis. 

There was something special about Elvis Presley.  At one point in his life he began seeking the true meaning of life; he wasn't solely the way so many of us imagined him to be.  

Susan, you and your family were indeed fortunate to see him perform in person.  How I envy you.  My brother did see him at one of his comeback concerts at the International Hotel in Las Vegas in 1969.  At one time, my brother played with the Bill Black Combo whose members were part of Elvis's early bands.  And Brother was a friend of Scotty Moore, Elvis's main (?) guitarist.   In fact, my brother gave me and my sons picks that Scotty gave out on his 50th anniversary in showbiz.  Guitarists -- musicians -- are a close group.  I love that about them. 

Honored Contributor

Elvis Presley's final song at his last ever concert

On this day in 1977, the legendary Elvis Presley performed his last ever concert at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis.

Weighing an incredible 158 kg, his health was sadly going downhill.

But he still went out with a bang, singing his final song 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' with his usual gusto.

Elvis Presley last song ever 1977 - YouTube

Honored Contributor

My husband was in the air force them we lived in alabama, Elvis  was my number 1 singer,actor, i cried for so many days , always wanted to attend a concert, a few month before ,i turned down a ticket ,because i did not want to go by myself,we could not afford 2 tickets, thought i had time to go to another one, i knew i would be a crazy person ,like you would see ,women wanting to touch him.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

He was number 1, could act ,sing all types of music, the most handsome man, went to graceland , many years ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

On this day in 1977, the legendary Elvis Presley performed his last ever concert at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis.

But he still went out with a bang, singing his final song 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' with his usual gusto.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It makes me cry when I see this video, but if you close your eyes you will see and remember Elvis at his best a few years prior.  Whenever I'm down I go to YouTube and watch his comback tour, Elvis in black leather, what a great concert.  Such a talent, gone too soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I just visited Graceland a month ago.  I enjoyed it so much and was amazed at how huge it is.  Got to tour the mansion and walk through all of the museums.  DH and I spent an entire day there, I never realized how awesome it would be.  It was very humbling to be able to visit his grave on the property, there were so  many people there and yet it was eerily quiet Smiley Sad     It was a wonderful experience, even though we're more Stones and Beatles fans, who doesn't love Elvis??