Honored Contributor

ELIZABETH TAYLOR THRILLER, "NIGHTWATCH" TUESDAY 1:45 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

MV5BZjZjZTczODItM2ZiNi00MDE4LTk2NzMtZWQ2NDk0YjI2NzdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

1:45 p.m. Eastern--  "Nightwatch"  Elizabeth Taylor, Laurence Harvey, Billie Whitelaw

Again, I wish I'd alerted this earlier.  But it's not too late!  My recorder is set.

Fun, sort of Gothic, suspenseful outing with La Liz as a prosperous English housewife (on her second hubby),  who has seen something HORRIBLE, something deeply malign, happen on a neighboring property.  Do the police believe her, her hubby (smooth Laurence Harvey), or her friend (Billie Whitelaw) believe her???   What can one gorgeous, frightened and marginalized neurotic do?

DiT9bZRWAAALOvT.jpg

Huge, sudsy fun, if you are in the mood for this sort of 'damsel in distress' movie.  Sort of like a hopped up Seventies' version of "Midnight Lace"...

41dpq32N+WL._AC_.jpg

A triple feature of suspense.   Followed by:

"The Last of Sheila"

and

"Wait Until Dark"

Honored Contributor

Re: ELIZABETH TAYLOR THRILLER, "NIGHTWATCH" TUESDAY 1:45 P.M. EASTERN TCM

oznell, you know I'm in for this!  Thank you.  Love both of these stars.  Harvey always fascinated me with his complex se xuality.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on this movie, Oznell.  I don't recall seeing it so I taped it and will watch it later.  I always enjoy thrillers!

I am watching Moonstruck right now for the umpteenth time, love everything about it.  I always like moves which take place at Manhattan, love the atmosphere. Moonstuck has so many elements I relate to growing up in Sicilian family on my father's side. Great music too!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Have never seen "Nightwatch" but you know I love ET!

I'll be watching.

She was fab with Laurence Harvey in "Butterfield 8" and he was the perfect scoundrel to succumb to her charms.

This sounds like a good one!

Thanks.  I rarely turn the TV on during the day, so I'd have missed it.

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw 

Moonstruck  = the PERFECT movie.  I could watch it a million times.

Scilian family on my mother's side, so you know I love it.

Snap Out Of It GIF - Cher Snapoutofit Slap GIFs

Esteemed Contributor

Witchy Woman!

Love the movie scene you sent!!  Lots of great lines in Moonstruck!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Never seen Nightwatch.  While watching I was getting bored to death!  I almost went back to watchin Scarface on another channel.  I kept thinking hubby & her best friend were trying to gaslight her until the attic scenes.

GREAT ENDING!!!!!!! Smiley Surprised   👍🏾

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Wanted to come back to tell you that I was only able to catch a few minutes of this, so I'll have to watch it another day.

I laughed when I saw Liz working a puzzle....cannot imagine that EVER, but I do them myself.

I also caught a few minutes of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof yesterday, and I always love her in that.  It's an odd movie, but with her and Paul Newman, it is a pleasure to watch.

Honored Contributor

Love that ending too, @Mz iMac !

@Witchy Woman,  you are right, jig saw puzzles do not seem like they'd be like one of Liz's favored hobbies, along with trophy gem-- and man-- collecting...   It made her low-key character more interesting to me, somehow! 

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@spiderw 

Moonstruck  = the PERFECT movie.  I could watch it a million times.

Scilian family on my mother's side, so you know I love it.

Snap Out Of It GIF - Cher Snapoutofit Slap GIFs

@Witchy Woman @and @spiderw   Have to agree ,  Italian on my mother's side and being from NY the movie is so relatable in so many ways to my family.   I have watched it so many times I can't count !!!    We even sometimes say lines from the movie when it relates to the conversation!  A lot of great lines in that movie .  Cher was great !!