Honored Contributor

E60 Presents:Comback Season-After 9/11

I was going to post this on the sports forum but I thought this would get more attention here. I DVR 'd this documentary (it was on ESPN) and just watched it. It deals with how New York teams got back to business after 9/11. There was a segment on the Mets ( my team) how 10 days after 9/11 they played the Braves ( their hated rivals). I remember this game vividly, New York really needed this win, you couldn't script it any better, Mike Piazza hit one of the greatest homeruns in the history of the game. When he was at Cooperstown getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame, he referenced that homerun as the greatest one he hit. Chipper Jones said he didn't mind losing to the Mets that day. There was another sweet segment with The Ranger's Captain Mark Messier, several fireman were out on the ice, getting handshakes from the team. One firefighter had worn his fire helmet with his captain's picture who lost his life on 9/11. The firefighter skated over to Messier and asked him if he would wear the helmet, he said he would be honored. For Yankee fans there is the segment of The World Series where The Yankees played the Diamondbacks. President Bush threw out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium, a perfect strike! There is even a segment with John McCain giving a pep talk to a team before the Army Navy game, he even got a little choked up. If you get a chance give it a look, it is well worth it.

Honored Contributor

Re: E60 Presents:Comback Season-After 9/11

I guess no one else watched this, I thought it was very good.