Honored Contributor

I was invited to go see it today.  I declined for two reasons  (1.) I never go to movies on opening week-ends, (2.)  I really do not enjoy violence.  

Esteemed Contributor

My Son and I went to see Dunkirk this morning.  The two hours went very quickly and we both enjoyed the movie.  Loved the score (especially the violins early in the story).  Also loved the last plane that landed at Dunkirk (the overview of the beach was amazing).  The Director did a great job of showing every possible outcome and there was no gratuitous violence (Washington Post review said it was suitable for 14 and above).

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Did you spot the Harry Styles character?

Harry is a former member of the boy-band, One Direction.

Seems this might be his foot-in-the-door for a

legit movie career.

Harry Styles has a small part in the film. 

Respected Contributor

Harry Styles is one of the featured infantrymen.  He does a good job with his role.

Respected Contributor

Saw Dunkirk today a must see for me as my father-in-law was there on that beach. Movie played out very fast thoroughly enjoyed it - great movie so glad I saw it.  

I am am out of town so when I get home will have to see it again with my DH who I know will want to see it too.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I was invited to go see it today.  I declined for two reasons  (1.) I never go to movies on opening week-ends, (2.)  I really do not enjoy violence.  

I actually do go to day movies on opening weekends.  I just don't like violence. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

We saw it last night.  It is extremely intense. The musical score is outstanding.

It's not the kind of movie I can say I enjoyed.  The story is not an easy one. At times the noise level is terribly harsh.  

I agree the teens on the rescue yacht were the most memorable young men. 

Esteemed Contributor

As I said in an earlier post, I went to see Dunkirk today.  It was very intense.  As far as being violent, I don't like violence, but to me this is a different type.  I don't know how to explain my feelings.  These things really happened to innocent people and shaped our world.  The bravery and will to live is so profound. 

Trusted Contributor

I saw it on Sunday and feel that it was filmmaking at its best which is what Christopher Nolan is known for. 

Valued Contributor

We saw it yesterday  So well done  Im dont like war movies but I go anyway and Im so glad I did