Respected Contributor

According to the article at this link
they might have even MORE
legal problems:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2306378/duggar-family-outed-for-child-endangerment-and-maltreatment-2/

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Seriously. Omg they had to share bedrooms. Some of these stories are ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

According to the article I posted 

girls and boys shared bedrooms 

AND beds and housing laws and 

ordinances were violated even 

though their family finances on 

record showed they could afford 

the appropriate housing.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

About that article posted by newziesuzie: 

I wonder why no one investigated or charged them if it was against the law to have that many living at their former house.  Seems like officials should have been aware of the situation.  Why didn't they act?

I wonder if the cramped conditions were as bad as the children described or if they had been coached to exaggerate in an attempt to evoke pity and collect donations so that new house could be built.

Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

According to the article at this link
they might have even MORE
legal problems:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2306378/duggar-family-outed-for-child-endangerment-and-maltreatment-2/

Thanks for posting this ..... gees, it was even worse than I thought!

The comments posted after this article were also ... interesting.

Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

About that article posted by newziesuzie: 

I wonder why no one investigated or charged them if it was against the law to have that many living at their former house.  Seems like officials should have been aware of the situation.  Why didn't they act?

I wonder if the cramped conditions were as bad as the children described or if they had been coached to exaggerate in an attempt to evoke pity and collect donations so that new house could be built.

They did not build the newer house with donations. They had their own money as he sold land and was in office, receiving income. If you remember watching that house get built, they did it themselves over a long period of time, paying for it in cash as they went. Money was not a problem when he sold some of the acerage from his family out where they lived. They have always owned a fair amount of land, and I think even outside of Arkansas or at least outside of where they lived.

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

I find no joy or entertainment in being witness to the public humiliation and downfall of a family......many people criticize them for living by their beliefs and rubbed their hands in glee when the poop hit the fan ( with one child out of 19). I wonder how many children each of the detractors has and what their % of messed up kids is. 

Oh, sorry....this is 2015. We don't count people who have babies without benefit of marriage, being a drunk or a drug addict ( these are "diseases"), etc. as "mess-ups".

I see many posters doing exactly what you described.  They call the Duggars 'self-righteous hypocrites', 'the family that thinks they're perfect, but are far from it...', etc., and are so glad their show has been cancelled.  From what I can see, the Duggars in their worst moments are far better than many average, 'normal' families at their best.

Can someone tell me since I've never watched the show, do the Duggars stand there in front of the camera and state that they feel they're perfect and are better than everyone else, or do they just try to live by their own morals and standards and do the best that they can?  I think that many viewers are biased towards the religion that the Duggars practice and this is just another excuse to bash the faith that this family tries to live by.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@Danky wrote:

I find no joy or entertainment in being witness to the public humiliation and downfall of a family......many people criticize them for living by their beliefs and rubbed their hands in glee when the poop hit the fan ( with one child out of 19). I wonder how many children each of the detractors has and what their % of messed up kids is. 

Oh, sorry....this is 2015. We don't count people who have babies without benefit of marriage, being a drunk or a drug addict ( these are "diseases"), etc. as "mess-ups".

I see many posters doing exactly what you described.  They call the Duggars 'self-righteous hypocrites', 'the family that thinks they're perfect, but are far from it...', etc., and are so glad their show has been cancelled.  From what I can see, the Duggars in their worst moments are far better than many average, 'normal' families at their best.

Can someone tell me since I've never watched the show, do the Duggars stand there in front of the camera and state that they feel they're perfect and are better than everyone else, or do they just try to live by their own morals and standards and do the best that they can?  I think that many viewers are biased towards the religion that the Duggars practice and this is just another excuse to bash the faith that this family tries to live by.

I am going to attempt an answer and hope the subject does not get deleted.

One example is Josh being an employee of the Family Research Council (?) or similar organization an promulgating their ideals and hating g--ys, while living a double life, telling others how to live theirs.  All the time having his demons

Does that help?

Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@Topaz Gem

Topaz Gem, I have never watched their show because I think ALL reality shows that supposedly follow a family's 'normal' life are a joke.  I doubt if the Duggar's have said the words "we're perfect" but they have said so many negative, condescending things about others that are not like them that they may as well have said they are perfect.  I've read articles where they infer that their way of life is the only one that is right.  It's their way or no way.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

We live in a world where there are many ways of transmitting diseases to each other.

The Duggars gave up the right to not be judged by the public when they became public figures.

The fact that he had liaisons with many different 'people' (has it been determined it was females); add to that what happened when he was younger, I think it's a fact that he has major problems.

Had this not come out into the open, he, (like most of the other (mostly, I read 91% were males) would have continued their illegal and unsafe behavior.

It isn't brain surgery to know that his behavior put his wife and children in danger of getting some disease.

That's the way I look at it.  

What his wife does with this information doesn't just affect her, it affects her children.  My guess is she THINKS she loves him enough where it won't matter and/or she feels that with 4 young children, no job, no means of income, she has no choice.

I feel sorry for those dear young children.  It's always the children who suffer.