Esteemed Contributor

If the smell is usually associated with rain, then I would say you have leak problem.  Do see more of a standing water problem along the pipe path?  

Honored Contributor

I spray Lysol spray a few times a week down my kitchen sink drain and around the rubber flap, works at keeping odors away. 

Honored Contributor

We have 3 distinct smells in my town.

Skunk, Bleach and Dirt.

Dirt when they flush the system, Bleach when they treat the system and Skunk after it rains.

Baking soda does nothing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Drain Smell"

[ Edited ]

Why doesn't the OP, @BeccaLou  come back to the thread where she asked a question and answer all of your questions??

Do not start a thread and just leave! How rude!

Also, Why is this thread for drain cleaning  under MOVIES AND TV?  Like WHAT???🙄

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@BeccaLou 

If it is the kitchen sink and you have a garbage disposal there, the smell you describe could very well be from the underside of the rubber-like fingers leading into the blade area.

A few times a year I use a  Fuller Brush Co. product that takes care of the problem within 5 minutes.  It is a spray can with a clear plastic straw that you then spray into the disposal cavity and let sit for a few minutes.  A special type brush is then used to dislodge anything stuck to the underside of the fingers...kind of gross, but it does the trick in a few plunges.

The kit lasts a long time...Garbage Disposal Cleaning Kit.

Get Mr Scrappy or other drain cleaning brushes and USE THEM and the baking soda and vinegar too!  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden Perhaps OP posted her message this AM........and then went to church.

Immediate response isn't always possible.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@SeaMaiden Perhaps OP posted her message this AM........and then went to church.

Immediate response isn't always possible.

@fthunt  Then post that in your opening post that you will come back later to the thread....it is called manners of posting.  

Respected Contributor

When I opened the TV & Movies category, I assumed Drain Smell was the name of a movie/show.

Silly me.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Sometimes griding orange,lemon peels will get rid of the bad small.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou 

Most of the time this smell is from soap scum and stagnant water in the trap of a line that is not flushed often.  

Peroxide poured down the drain and letting it sit 15 minutes or so will break down the soap scum, and once water is run into the drain, the bad melting stuff will get flushed out.