Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Jodie Whittaker becomes the 13th doctor.

Tom Baker who was the 4th doctor is returning to the role, after 36 years, to finish the Shada story that was never completed. He is 83 years old.

Capaldi was wonderful in his exit role. The story was good.

Not only is Capaldi exiting but also the writer of the show after doing so for so many years.

@chiclets, it is not the writer, it is the showrunner.  Episodes are written by multiple writers and directors selected by the showrunner.   

Russell Davies was showrunner in Christopher Eccleston's year and David Tennant's time.  Then it was Stephen Moffatt for Matt Smith and Capaldi.  Now it is Chris Chibnall and I explained a bit of his credentials in a post above.

BTW there will now be only ten episodes instead of twelve (boo) and they will only be fifty minutes long.  Plus the Christmas special.  We'll see the first episode with Chibnall as showrunner  in the fall of 2018.  

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

Tom Baker who was the 4th doctor is returning to the role, after 36 years, to finish the Shada story that was never completed. He is 83 years old.

Not only is Capaldi exiting but also the writer of the show after doing so for so many years.

@chiclets, it is not the writer, it is the showrunner.  Episodes are written by multiple writers and directors selected by the showrunner.   

Russell Davies was showrunner in Christopher Eccleston's year and David Tennant's time.  Then it was Stephen Moffatt for Matt Smith and Capaldi.  Now it is Chris Chibnall and I explained a bit of his credentials in a post above.

BTW there will now be only ten episodes instead of twelve (boo) and they will only be fifty minutes long.  Plus the Christmas special.  We'll see the first episode with Chibnall as showrunner  in the fall of 2018.  

@LoriLori

My big OOPS. I did not convey the right content. Thank you for the info and for noticing the dumb, dumb, and stand corrected, and sorry for relating the wrong info to others.

Honored Contributor

My now retired Husband watches this DR. WHO show most of the day... I always make fun of it.   Like does it EVER END?????

I ask him...what are you watching..... knowing what the answer will be! 

I do not understand this show and I guess it is like my watching the House Wives shows and my husband comments on HOW LOUD THEY ARE..... So...  Comme ci, comme ça  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

@LoriLori

My big OOPS. I did not convey the right content. Thank you for the info and for noticing the dumb, dumb, and stand corrected, and sorry for relating the wrong info to others.

@chiclets, too much apology!   Oops, dumb, dumb and sorry is way too much for the mistake you made.  now I wish I hadn't corrected you!  Happy New Year!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I haven't seen it yet but as I seem to do annually now I checked the reviews from the UK in the afternoon, all the British papers and places like denofgeek and others.  Spoilers!   I never can wait LOL!  The reviews were all over the place -- from two-stars to five.   Harsh to loving.

I was not happy to see Bill Potts is in the episode.  I never liked her character, not a fan of the actress and I thought that she and Capaldi were a major mismatch with Nardole as the only saving grace.  Season eleven is the only one I did not enjoy. 

Despite my respect for the Jodie Whittaker,  I'm not happy the doctor is a woman.  Then again I thought after Tennant, Matt Smith was a major mistake and now (bearing in mind I've only seen Tennant, Smith and Capaldi) he's my favorite.  Fish custard!   Though I love all three in different ways.

Want to read reviews from those here who watched.  

I just watched that episode on the BBC America app on my Fire TV. It was okay. Not one of my favorites, but not horrible. This latest regeneration was a tad more violent than most I've seen. I liked the Lethbridge-Stewart character. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@chiclets

"Tom Baker who was the 4th doctor is returning to the role, after 36 years, to finish the Shada story that was never completed. He is 83 years old."

Now how are the writers going to explain that? confused.gif

I wonder if he will be wearing the same mile long scarf? Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@chiclets

"Tom Baker who was the 4th doctor is returning to the role, after 36 years, to finish the Shada story that was never completed. He is 83 years old."

@Mz iMac

You can go to his offical website or you can go to You Tube.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

@LoriLori

@chiclets, too much apology!   Oops, dumb, dumb and sorry is way too much for the mistake you made.  now I wish I hadn't corrected you!  Happy New Year!  Smiley Happy

@LoriLori

Mistakes do no bother me and I do not mind being corrected, in fact I rather be informed. I thank you because I would not want to misinform others. This is not the first time I had a oops on the board. I first cringe when I do, and then I laugh, and smile. For me it is all easy and not serious. A Happy New Year to you. 

Honored Contributor

@chicletswrote:

@LoriLori

@LoriLori

Mistakes do no bother me and I do not mind being corrected, in fact I rather be informed. I thank you because I would not want to misinform others. This is not the first time I had a oops on the board. I first cringe when I do, and then I laugh, and smile. For me it is all easy and not serious. A Happy New Year to you. 

@chiclets, as far as this forum, you have made my day!  So many people get sensitive and fighty and even obnoxious and you have shown poise, grace and a sense of humor.  I wish everyone was like you!

BTW still haven't seen the finale, fell asleep again.  This time I made it through maybe a half hour.  It's not that I'm bored (except for the Bill bits) it's that I'm exhausted LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@chiclets

@Mz iMac, wish I had watched this when I was a kid but it's pretty much the last thing I would have been interested in when I was a kid.  A friend told me about it and frankly it was David Tennant's looks that got me watching LOL.

Hope everyone got a chance to see him in "Broadchurch" -- if not, do!  Especially the first season.  Very clever mystery miniseries.

Googled it -- that is some scarf!  Will read up on Shada, as I write don't know if it's a person, place or thing.  Or, this being Doctor Who, something that doesn't fit any of those LOL.

I've seen the robot dog thing and I think it's wicked cool.