Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this show in quite awhile.

I had the show on as I was cleaning out my spare bedroom. There was a Dr Elizabeth Grammar that was new to the Pol Vet office. She was on a few episodes and seemed to be doing well. Then the next episode there was a new young Doctor Nicole.

Just went on line. I wondered what happened to Dr Elizabeth. Apparently there was an unfortunate event and Dr Elizabeth's husband died after she gave her husband a drug that he had asked for. She then attempted suicide.

But this all happened in Georgia. Dr Pol is in Michigan. Did she leave Dr Pol and move to Georgia? Or did her husband die before she moved to Michigan? Does anyone know? She seemed like she was enjoying working as a Vet with Dr Pol. Sad how things worked out.

Respected Contributor

How terribly tragic!  I pray she is recovering!

Honored Contributor

I only watch the show off and on and don't remember ever seeing her.  One article I read said that she was employed by Southside Animal Hospital in Griffin.  Also, that she had been take to a mental institution after the attempted suicide.  Maybe, since Dr. Pol is reality TV, she was only there part time during filming.  

Honored Contributor

I guess she got her act together, and possibly her legal problems behind her.  She is shown as staff at this animal hospital: https://animalamourpetvet.com/about-our-clinic/our-team/

Honored Contributor

The incident you are referring to happened in late 2016.  

Dr Pol has had several new female vets work in his practice since then.    

Honored Contributor

After he became unresponsive following the drug she gave him, she tried to commit suicide using a drug.  She was found and admitted to a hospital psychiatric unit.  During the time she was there, her husband was taken off life support.

She moved to Georgia where she worked for 2 veterinary clinics, but nothing about her working now.

She has tried to have everything wiped off the internet so it's difficult to find much about her.  

Of course, animals don't normally drink alcohol, but I have seen dogs get intoxicated on beer.  What would she do if someone took their dogs to her for treatment.  I hope she wouldn't give them a narcotic.

She should have known better than to give a narcotic to her husband who had been drinking heavily...beer and whiskey.  Wouldn't want her treating my dogs. 

Honored Contributor

This show/Dr. Pol is deplorable.  Dr. Pol ought to be off the air..making fun while artificially impregnating a cow who was in obvious distress and pain.  This practice is inhumane, but he made it even worse.  Horrific. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the show regularly but have seen it quite a bit. I don't recall this particular vet. She must have been on the show before I ever began watching it. Her behavior sounds abnormal and like she had mental health issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

This show/Dr. Pol is deplorable.  Dr. Pol ought to be off the air..making fun while artificially impregnating a cow who was in obvious distress and pain.  This practice is inhumane, but he made it even worse.  Horrific. 

--------------

I like the characters on the show but I  often

wonder about his 'sanitary' practices...never using gloves.  He has many customers, so I guess they feel that he is a good vet.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee , she is currently listed as a vet at a clinic in Atlanta, complete with picture.  I posted the link above your comment.