Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

I have only watched for about a month, but I find that the new season is bringing quite difficult cases.  I don't think that I even know someone who has some of these issues, and I am glad that I don't have them.

Last night was the first time that I realized that the other doctor was her husband.

@Shelbelle  That case is heartbreaking.  I cannot imagine living with something like that, and it is genetic.  I wonder if cures are being developed for such serious skin conditions.

Not to make light of it, but I remember years ago when Dallas first aired, Pam was hesitant to marry Bobby because she carrried the gene for this disease, it was the first time I had ever heard of it. it is what the Elephant Man had too. I do often wonder if people should have children who carry diseases like this, such a heartbreaking decision. The Mom to the girl from last night has it too, but her case is more internal. 

Dr Lee's hubby, is also a derm coc in her practice, Dr Jeffrey Rebish, they have 2 sons, he is very cute.  I think they met in med school, I have seen her do a TV tour of their home, magnificent. 

@Shelbelle @It is now known that The Elephant Man, Joseph, Merrick, probably did not have Neurofibromatoses. Today, it is thought that he had Proteus Syndrome. There still is some debate though. Wikipedia mentions that some experts think he might have had both. This still should not take away from the heartbreak associated with either disorder.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I saw a couple minutes of this show, but it's too graphic for me. I couldn't handle the whole program. Whoever chose the name of this program needs to be demoted. I can't think of a worse title, it's very off setting. 

Actually, the title of the show intrigued me - I thought "What the heck kind of show IS this????"  LOL   Now my sister (who lives in another state) talk on the phone every week about it.  Dr. Lee IS very caring and competent, and I also feel for the patients suffering from conditions I didn't realize existed.

Do agree it's not for everyone...

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

I have only watched for about a month, but I find that the new season is bringing quite difficult cases.  I don't think that I even know someone who has some of these issues, and I am glad that I don't have them.

Last night was the first time that I realized that the other doctor was her husband.

@Shelbelle  That case is heartbreaking.  I cannot imagine living with something like that, and it is genetic.  I wonder if cures are being developed for such serious skin conditions.

Not to make light of it, but I remember years ago when Dallas first aired, Pam was hesitant to marry Bobby because she carrried the gene for this disease, it was the first time I had ever heard of it. it is what the Elephant Man had too. I do often wonder if people should have children who carry diseases like this, such a heartbreaking decision. The Mom to the girl from last night has it too, but her case is more internal. 

Dr Lee's hubby, is also a derm coc in her practice, Dr Jeffrey Rebish, they have 2 sons, he is very cute.  I think they met in med school, I have seen her do a TV tour of their home, magnificent. 

@Shelbelle @It is now known that The Elephant Man, Joseph, Merrick, probably did not have Neurofibromatoses. Today, it is thought that he had Proteus Syndrome. this was determined by radiological imaging of his skeletal remains. There still is some debate though. Wikipedia mentions that some experts think he might have had both. This still should not take away from the heartbreak associated with either disorder.

Respected Contributor

The young woman on last night's show with neurofibromatosis sure had some gnarly looking teeth.  It would be nice if a local dentist near her in FL would step up & offer to fix her teeth & would go a long way in improving her appearance, & probably her self confidence.  You could tell she was self conscious about her mouth.

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

The young woman on last night's show with neurofibromatosis sure had some gnarly looking teeth.  It would be nice if a local dentist near her in FL would step up & offer to fix her teeth & would go a long way in improving her appearance, & probably her self confidence.  You could tell she was self conscious about her mouth.

@aubnwa01 

Seems to me A LOT of her patients have gnarly looking teeth. And some barely have any at all left in their mouth. 

Honored Contributor

I do have to agree about the teeth, i always look for a pretty smile. It would be a perfect addition for their cosmetic makeovers to include dental work. 

I am thinking if you get selected to appear on the show, your expenses are paid for by the show. I have read it is that way on Botched. 

Honored Contributor

Dr Lee has prescribed Cosentyx injections for severe cases of Psoriasis, that is good to know when seeing your own docs for this condition. 

Honored Contributor

The first few shows were ok... then it became repetitive with the same bumps  and lumps...... calling them Boobs...  bla bla bla...over and over again. Like how many lipoma's can you watch?   I think they do need to come up with more difficult and unusual patients or the show is a sleeper.

Also, I find the Dr to be repetitive with her lines to where I can pretty much know what she is going to say... she walks in the room with a patient with a baseball bump on her head  and says.. "You are so beautiful.. what could be wrong with you?".... Same line even if the person is not "beautiful".  I just find it  to get boring when you know what she is going to say....

I guess to sum it up... this show is not long for the world... how many bumps and lumps can you watch over and over again.....

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The first few shows were ok... then it became repetitive with the same bumps  and lumps...... calling them Boobs...  bla bla bla...over and over again. Like how many lipoma's can you watch?   I think they do need to come up with more difficult and unusual patients or the show is a sleeper.

Also, I find the Dr to be repetitive with her lines to where I can pretty much know what she is going to say... she walks in the room with a patient with a baseball bump on her head  and says.. "You are so beautiful.. what could be wrong with you?".... Same line even if the person is not "beautiful".  I just find it  to get boring when you know what she is going to say....

I guess to sum it up... this show is not long for the world... how many bumps and lumps can you watch over and over again.....

What you said is true, but now she does seem to have much more extensive cases, as the ones we mentioned. 

They are into season 6 so the show is not dead yet !!! More to it now than just lipomas !! They were getting beaten to death,. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr Pimple Popper

[ Edited ]

My Feet Are Killing Me with Dr. Brad Schaeffer has a lot of interesting cases. And he's a hunk and a half.

There's also a female Dr. on that show but her name escapes me at the moment.