Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

We watch because of the help the clients get.  The doctor seems very caring however she does surgery with local numbing only and so many are large tumors that look painful for them and seem to need sedation.  For that reason I would not want her to help me if I had something like this.  She also seems to cause trama by digging around and ripping out what she is removing as the cut is way smaller than the tumor.  I would think that would cause extra bruising.  

@Jackhound Mom   She has to get the sac out or the lipoma,. etc. will grow back.  She seems very careful not to go beyond what is necessary.  None of the patients experience pain, as she keeps asking them, and she did call in a surgeon when a man had an enormous growth into his finger.

Honored Contributor

Just watched an episode. There was a patient Brittney Sharp. She had bumps on her face and arms. The Doctor removed the largest ones. And sent them out to be biopsied. Thankfully the bumps were benign. Brittney went out to California a second time for the results.

At the end of the show they had a notice stating In Memory of Brittney Sharp. Apparently she died May 2, 2019. I could not believe it. She was so happy and was looking good. The Doctor did say that the condition she had could affect her organs and she should get a scan to determine a baseline. So sad. She was so happy.

Respected Contributor

A life changing show for so many people, she is an amazing doctor with such compassion.  If you haven't seen it, you should. 

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

I watch the show from time to time.  The question I have is she the only dermatologists in the country who can do these things?  People come from all over just to see her.  Can't other derms do the same thing?

I wonder the same thing.  I remember a show where a fellow who lived in New York City  travelled across the country to get a lump removed from his knee.  No doctor in New York City could do it??  It looked like a pretty simple procedure.  I can understand if you live in a small town, but New York City?   Makes me wonder about the authenticity of the show.

Some people have little or no insurance and sometimes insurance will not cover the removal of bumps.  It is considered a cosmetic procedure.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I think her commercials are disgusting.

@CelticCrafter   I have to agree! 

When her TV commercials come on and I happen to be watching something else I have to turn away from the TV!  I can't stand how she looks forward to seeing what will come out of the patient and compares it to food....it's really disgusting and turns my stomach!...but I guess that's the point?