Honored Contributor

This weeks episode was a man with extemely severe psoriasis. she prescribed Cosentyx, you mean to tell me no other derm doc in this country of ours could have done that?W e all see a gazillion commercials for this on TV, the one with Cyndi Lauper. 

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

Several episodes aired this afternoon. A woman had many cysts on her eyelids , I was surprised Dr Lee did not refer her to a plastic surgeon who is also an opthamologist, there are doctors like this. Dangerous to operate on the eyes like that. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a mom of just boys. Watching this show is chickenfeed. I dvr it and never miss an episode. Dr. Lee has a huge heart and it makes me happy how she is wlling to help those who feel hopeless. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

For the first couple of years, I would flip to another channel when the commercials for DPP came on.  I'm extremely squeamish!!  However, about a year ago, the show came on and I was busy doing other things but took a minute to watch one of the procedures.  I didn't feel squeamish at all so I try to catch the show or even a marathon when it's on.

I've also never understood why some of her patients tell her they've been to other  dermatologists but the medical professionals appear perplexed.  Some of these have been for some routine bumps like a cyst or lypoma.  20 years ago, I told my general practitioner about a lump on my head and he removed it himself and sent it off to pathology. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I find it truly amazing that she does such serious procedures right in her office with only a local numbing, unbelievable!!

I wonder about that.  I don't understand why some of the more difficult and painful procedures aren't done under at least a sedative.

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I watch the show from time to time.  The question I have is she the only dermatologists in the country who can do these things?  People come from all over just to see her.  Can't other derms do the same thing?

I wonder the same thing.  I remember a show where a fellow who lived in New York City  travelled across the country to get a lump removed from his knee.  No doctor in New York City could do it??  It looked like a pretty simple procedure.  I can understand if you live in a small town, but New York City?   Makes me wonder about the authenticity of the show.

Respected Contributor

We watch because of the help the clients get.  The doctor seems very caring however she does surgery with local numbing only and so many are large tumors that look painful for them and seem to need sedation.  For that reason I would not want her to help me if I had something like this.  She also seems to cause trama by digging around and ripping out what she is removing as the cut is way smaller than the tumor.  I would think that would cause extra bruising.  

Honored Contributor

As I wrote in my earlier post, last week she performed a 5 hour surgery right in her office using only Lidocaine, she was exhausted and so was the patient, removing 68 Lipomas.