Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Makes me wonder who pays for the patients on Botched??

I think anyone who is willing to go on TV and show their "parts" have made a deal where the channel pays for their procedures..... Who would do that for nothing???

Honored Contributor

I share your comment.  So many of her patients have attempted to get some help from a medical doctor....only to be passed along.  

@drizzellla wrote:

I can not get over how many people have gone to Doctors and the Doctor does not want or know how to deal with their condition. I am glad she will attempt to help people.

Honored Contributor

I agree, but then she is also getting highly compensated.  I am grateful that she is able to do this as it has changed people's lives whereas before they couldn't get the help needed.  If it makes good TV and raises the ratings, the patient is in luck!

@coffee drinker wrote:

I know some find the show gross, but giving people some hope is a good thing.  More doctor's should be as kind and compassionate as Dr. Lee. 

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Makes me wonder who pays for the patients on Botched??

I think anyone who is willing to go on TV and show their "parts" have made a deal where the channel pays for their procedures..... Who would do that for nothing???

I agree with you!!!

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

IMO, these patients all have problems that other doctors can take care of.  I mean, who can't cut a lipoma open - or a cyst??  Puhleez 

Also, I think some of these patients need to be seen by surgeons, not a Derm.  A lot of those patients should have general anesthesia, not just a local.  But that's JMO.....

Don't get me wrong here... I watch her religiously and like her.  But I don't like her greeting the patient when she says "hellooooooo, how are youuuuuu?" and "you're so beautiful".....  So dramatic.  Then, a lot of the time she'll say "I'm Sandra"...... That's for the camera.  I'm sure she isn't that way with her regular patients.  Notice whenever she talks to her husband, he's always standing somewhere, doing paperwork?  LOL

So far, I haven't seen any of these patients have a problem that couldn't be treated by another dermatologist, or especially a surgeon.  This is JMO

I agree with you on the real anesthesia and the real operating room being used. Dr Lee was quite concerned over the woman with the 68 lipomas, she said over using Lidocaine can have serious complications. 

Respected Contributor

@ I wonder why this show is still on, and why ?? Just sickening to me.What next a show with accident graphics. Like maybe a tiger killing someone with all the graphics. ?Just when you think you have it all.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@ I wonder why this show is still on, and why ?? Just sickening to me.What next a show with accident graphics. Like maybe a tiger killing someone with all the graphics. ?Just when you think you have it all.

Maybe because these are common medical conditions. It's not sickening to everyone. Some of us find it fascinating. Some folks who find watching her "pop" things sickening might on the other hand enjoy watching brain surgery or facial reconstruction after an accident or some other medical procedure whereas the pimple popper watchers would be nauseous watching that.

Super Contributor

I really like the show...she so improves the quality of life for her patients.  However, I wish they had found a better name for the show.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Pimple Popper

[ Edited ]

@NanaLinda wrote:

I really like the show...she so improves the quality of life for her patients.  However, I wish they had found a better name for the show.

@NanaLinda   In the promo for the new season Dr. Lee says "for all you popper addicts," LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

as a retired Nurse I have seen a lot of gross stuff in my past life so this is not on my list of enjoyable shows.  I'd rather watch the wiggles show or sesame street with my 3 yr old grandson. He's learned the complete alphabet, knows his numbers and can count to 20 and knows all of the shapes including Octagon. Woman Very HappyTo each his or her own, glad you like the show.

I'm also a retired nurse. Worked the ER for 30 years. Love this stuff