Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Another popaholic here!!  Dr. Lee has that "touch" and it certainly shows thru to the patients and what she is able to do for them.

@Suziepeach 

Same here!

What’s funny is...watching other procedures from other doctors on YT

and if the patient complains of the pain...or if they don’t take out the

cyst sack or clean out the area completely, the comments are, 

“Put more numbing in!!” “That’s not what Dr. Lee would do!”  Etc. 

We watch. We learn...from the best.  Funny. 

@sidsmom I've seen and read plenty of those comments- not removing the sac completely??? OMG it's gonna come back for sure.. 

Ever see any of Dr. John Gilmore's, Renu Dermatology or Dr. Geoff Butler's?  All have some good pops, LOL....  they sure aren't mean for tender eyes or stomachs that don't upset easily..

I love it all..... that's what seeing autopsies and etc did for me..  weird-o-rama..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Another popaholic here!!  Dr. Lee has that "touch" and it certainly shows thru to the patients and what she is able to do for them.

@Suziepeach 

Same here!

What’s funny is...watching other procedures from other doctors on YT

and if the patient complains of the pain...or if they don’t take out the

cyst sack or clean out the area completely, the comments are, 

“Put more numbing in!!” “That’s not what Dr. Lee would do!”  Etc. 

We watch. We learn...from the best.  Funny. 

@sidsmom I've seen and read plenty of those comments- not removing the sac completely??? OMG it's gonna come back for sure.. 

Ever see any of Dr. John Gilmore's, Renu Dermatology or Dr. Geoff Butler's?  All have some good pops, LOL....  they sure aren't mean for tender eyes or stomachs that don't upset easily..

I love it all..... that's what seeing autopsies and etc did for me..  weird-o-rama..

@Suziepeach 

Dr. Gilmore is funny...’stick-sting-burn’...but I’ll have to check out the

other 2 doctors you recommended.  May I recommend, ‘DrER.tv’

on YouTube? He’s very sweet ER Doctor.  I found him when

watching hematoma releases...ooof! Most common post,

‘it looks like grape jelly!’. 😆

Esteemed Contributor

I've caught it once, almost changed the channel, but as most have stated, it's more than the gross part, it's the difference she makes in peoples lives.

That being said, can anyone tell the the Fios channel or network and time it's on?  I forgot and with a zillion channels, haven't been able to catch it again!

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I like the show and would 'sort of' like to have her job...when I was a kid I liked to peel the burnt skin off my brothers back when he had a sunburn....

It's so satisfying when I see the doctor slice open and purge the contents of a cyst from a patient...yes, it is gross but it does not bother me.  My dh will not watch.

The TOE BRO...could NOT watch that show.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom I've seen a few of DrER tv's videos but will look some more.  Awh nothing like a good epidermoid cyst !!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

The show airs on the TLC Channel on Thurs at 9 ET, and then a few other times during the week, you can probably see the schedule on the TLC site. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

My impression is that none of her patients seem to have health insurance so they need her to treat them for free.  Or, they have a case nobody else can solve.   

I think TLC is paying for these patients.  Maybe they search out patients with problems that have not been taken care of and tell them if they are willing to go on TV, their problem will be paid by TLC.  Notice, mose of these patients only have one visit - or, she refers them to a doctor in their neck of the woods.

Honored Contributor

Makes me wonder who pays for the patients on Botched??

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, these patients all have problems that other doctors can take care of.  I mean, who can't cut a lipoma open - or a cyst??  Puhleez 

Also, I think some of these patients need to be seen by surgeons, not a Derm.  A lot of those patients should have general anesthesia, not just a local.  But that's JMO.....

Don't get me wrong here... I watch her religiously and like her.  But I don't like her greeting the patient when she says "hellooooooo, how are youuuuuu?" and "you're so beautiful".....  So dramatic.  Then, a lot of the time she'll say "I'm Sandra"...... That's for the camera.  I'm sure she isn't that way with her regular patients.  Notice whenever she talks to her husband, he's always standing somewhere, doing paperwork?  LOL

So far, I haven't seen any of these patients have a problem that couldn't be treated by another dermatologist, or especially a surgeon.  This is JMO

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy watching Dr. Sandra Lee (my name is also Sandra) - helping people who try to hide from the world because of growths on their face/body. I do have to turn away during the procedure - but the end result - seeing how she gives her patients new lives. I am amazed how most doctors tell these people to "leave it alone" - and how the growths get bigger and bigger. Many of the patients can't even perform their jobs or simple tasks because the growths affect their vision or their foot or arm movement. I love how happy her patients are. Better watching this show than those fake news shows!!!!